Default Pump ? for NFTMs

My best friends is lending me her Medela as she rarely used it but I know I need to get replacement parts for it. Since I will be doing that I might as well get or at least measure to see what size to order along with the membranes, tubes, valves. So my question is - exactly what do I measure, the diameter of the areola?

Also - is there anything else I should know to replace/order?

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't know about measuring, but this has a good description and pictures of proper fit.

http://www.medelasuction.com/ISBD/br...eldfitting.php
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I got my bigger flanges from the hospital; it was a kind of trial-and-error thing for me after getting a friction sore from the 24mm flanges on my larger breast.

FWIW, it seems to be nipple size, not aereola size. Bigger flanges have bigger nipple openings. (I have 24, 27 & 30mm flanges for my breasts & have used all 3 sizes at various points through the past 5 months EP-ing & then nursing my DD.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle