Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My CDs STINK!

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    what is R&L?
    Sorry, I meant RLR Laundry treatment http://www.diaperjunction.com/rlr-la...treatment.html

(I'm a bit of a scatter brain today, my dad had prostate surgery this morning.)

Okay, it's rated two stars, the same as the Kirklands I had been using so I am guess I am okay. I haven't noticed any problems with the Kirklands that is the same as Tide. (but I don't think it is the same as Tide anymore, I think their website is out of date on that point)
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

WOW. It was definitely a build up issue. I got some RLR and put all my dipes in the laundry tub with two packets of the stuff and it was sudsing almost immediately while filling.

I just put them all in the washer to rinse out.....should be interesting to see how many cycles it takes to run clear.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I hate stink issues, it sounds like you're on the track to smell free diapers

I stripped mine (with dawn and a billion rinses) and then switched to Tide original detergent, and we haven't had a problem since.

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

WIN Sport detergent got rid of some serious microfiber stink in one wash. I don't know how "green" it is, but it worked wonders.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Whew....I think we're done. After soaking in the RLR, I ran the load through a cycle with NO detergent about 4 or 5 times. I lost count. I did the longest cycle possible, prewash and extra rinse. The water isn't crystal clear, but it's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better and the best part--NO STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm almost out of sposies now, so gotta get the cloth back on the bum!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ok, I'm late to the thread and need some help! First, what's RLR? Second, when people talk about uaing Dawn are we literally talking about putting Dawn into the washer as the detergent or washing wash insert by hand in the sink? I got through 5 pahes (of 31!) on the diaper swappers thread before I realiazed it was just going to take too much time to read it all HOPING for answers to my questions!
    DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So I somehow missed the link to RLR but see it now. Seems too good to be true! I want to give it a try as I think my daughter may be getting some ammonia burns when she has very dirty/wet diapers! Anything special to know when using it?
    DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dukie41181 View Post
    So I somehow missed the link to RLR but see it now. Seems too good to be true! I want to give it a try as I think my daughter may be getting some ammonia burns when she has very dirty/wet diapers! Anything special to know when using it?
    Just rinse them out really well. I used to strip with dawn before, in that case what you do is squirt a bit in the washer with the diapers (just Dawn, no detergent), wash on hot, rinse on hot, and then do as many rinses as necessarry until the water comes out with no suds.

But I do think RLR works much better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2