LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Cloth diapers for older adults?

I thought of this today as i moved my mom from assisted living back to her single family home, with a 24 hour live in. Depends are pricey and the AL was putting her in 2 at a time! She is able to use the bathroom, its a matter of urgency and partial paralysis.

Anyone have experience with adults being CD'd?

Of course i have a stash of nwt 3.0's for ds2 that i have yet to open!

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have never heard of that. They would have to be so huge and caregives of adults have so much on their plate already usually, that I think excess laundry would just be such an added burden.
    However, in many cases it would probably only be urine that you would be dealing with (in a case of urgency over complete loss of bodily function) so it wouldn't be AS bad.
    DD
    DS

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    However, in many cases it would probably only be urine that you would be dealing with (in a case of urgency over complete loss of bodily function) so it wouldn't be AS bad.
    This is what made me think of it, because the aide asked us to get a few other things as washable vs disposable. I'll ask both the aide and mom tomorrow to see if i should pursue it or not.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Could you use a soaker of sorts inside the Depends? Then the Depends would act like a diaper cover instead of the actual diaper.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.