Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No. We are going thru this right this very minute, the new hardwood floors are tomorrow and being installed on friday. We chose not to do laminate cuz they didn't save us that much money and add zero value to your home. Hardwood is an investment that adds value, laminate adds positively nothing. Plus it fades just like hardwood in the sun, so we didn't see much value in it for the rooms we were doing. In a basement? No question, laminate. But not in our first floor living areas.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Like Fairy said it doesn't add value to a home and some people are upset to see it if they are looking at a home. That being said if you have no plans to move and want the easiest care option laminate would be a good way to go. I personally would get prefinished hardwood instead.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Thanks for all the info and advice! The one we are considering is a Pergo brand. Is that one of the better brands?
    There are different kinds of Pergo (kind of like there are different kinds of Hondas). The really cheap stuff may peel, so if you're looking for something more durable and to use long term, I would look at the different varieties and maybe spend a little extra if you can. Also, the type of underlay you use can make a difference as well. I would go to a good flooring store and talk to a consultant there. They should be able to help you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3