Default Ergo Performance carrier -- anyone have?

One thing that is a bit challenging about the original Ergo carrier is how HOT it can be. My husband gets very hot and so does the baby.

Although I haven't really gotten my son to like the Ergo much (in fact, I found a buyer for it) I'm convincing myself he WILL like the Ergo Performance.

Yes, crazy mama mentality -- the kid WILL like it!

Anyway, does anyone actually have it yet? What do you think?

I've seen a couple of reviews online. Just not sure I want to spend $120 on a carrier that my son may still not like!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think Jane from QuirkyBaby reviewed this recently; see her site http://www.quirkybaby.com to get info.

From what I understand, the Performance/Sport line has a bit more width in the shoulders, so it might be better for a broader person. The fabric is supposed to be wick-away, lightweight and do OK in water (i.e. - wading at the beach), so that might be another good selling point for you.

I am considering getting one for my DH for Christmas so we can have two soft-structured carriers for our DD, who does just fine in our regular Ergo. I thought that maybe it would encourage him to wear her, especially since, by Christmas, she'll be big enough for back carries for sure.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't have the Performance version, but...
    If you think the reason your baby doesn't like the Ergo is because he is hot, then this may work...
    How old is your son? I didn't get my Ergo until DS was 7 months but we use it all the time & he likes it (loves to be held & is large (now 17 1/2 months) - so if I am going to be carrying his around, I need the "help" of the carrier).

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    I don't have the Performance version, but...
    If you think the reason your baby doesn't like the Ergo is because he is hot, then this may work...
    How old is your son? I didn't get my Ergo until DS was 7 months but we use it all the time & he likes it (loves to be held & is large (now 17 1/2 months) - so if I am going to be carrying his around, I need the "help" of the carrier).
    Son just turned 12 months old. I've tried putting him in it a few times but he hasn't been very into it. He does get hot, especially if the hubby wears him. We live in Southern Texas right now. As you can imagine, it's smokin' hot here!

At that age, he may just be more interested in getting down and running around. I still use my ergo with DD (33 months), but she only tolerates it when she's tired of walking.

That said, I've heard great things about the ergo sport.