Default Wine help, please

My dad is turning 75 this month and he is incredibly hard to buy for. There is one particular wine he likes but has a very hard time finding. I'd like to have some shipped to him, but I'm not much of a wine drinker and know absolutely nothing about ordering wine to be delivered.

The wine is niersteiner domtal per my mother. I've goggled and come up with some places that appear to have it. But my mother says that dad tried to order it from someplace and they sent a substitute without asking him first, which really, really annoyed him.

So, I think I have two options. Risk ordering online or go to a local wine shop and ask for an assortment of similar wines to be delivered to him. None of the local big wine shops have this wine, I've already tried that.

Anyone know a reputable shop I could order this from? Or have other ideas for me?

Thanks!
    Catherine

Anyone? Pretty please.

Catherine

Do you have any more info from the label? I am seeing a couple different brands (online) that make a wine called "Niersteiner Gutes Domtal" (not seeing anything w/o the Gutes). Also, is it Kabinett, Spatlese, Auslese or other? This is important! These are designations applied to German-style wines, which basically speak to the sweetness level of the wine.

I may be able to help more if you can provide more info. I'd be surprised if you can't find it in the bay area!

Well my dh usually orders from wine.com and is happy with it. Don't know if it has the particular wine you are looking for.

The other thing that popped into my mind is if you have a local restaurant with a nice extensive wine list. Perhaps they have a sommalier (sp?) who could point you in the right direction...or maybe they have it and would sell it to you.

GL!!!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh