Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Usually, we do takeout or a Netflix video, occasionally both. With the movie we pop popcorn. It's been ages since we've done that, but we do get to do a date night roughly once a month.

This past weekend, Dh was able to get a fire permit, so we made a bonfire from some brush he's been meaning to burn, had chips and the cheapest rotgut beer I could find. Also toasted marshmallows We'll probably do that again as it gets cooler, since we have plenty of brush to burn
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

a2mom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Indoor Date Nights

My husband and I usually have a book that we're reading together. We've read some instructional books (like "5 Love Languages") but mostly classic children's lit. or novels. So far: Treasure Island, Little House series, Little Women, Hardy Boys mysteries, and currently, Sherlock Holmes. We'll either create a cozy nest on the couch together or snuggle up in our pjs in bed to read. It's fun - we've both read books that we wouldn't have chosen on our own and enjoyed them.

It took me a little while to get used to reading out loud, since I'd always hated doing it in school but now that it's part of our lives, I really like it. (It also made reading to our kids that much easier too).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2