Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Want to discuss Dry Max rashes. What is your experience?

Have you/do you use them? Did your baby get a rash? Were you prone to rashes anyway? Did the rash show up later? Did it make LO more rash prone? I just want to get to the bottom of this. (Oh no I did not just make a pun!)

I just want to know what is up with this, because I have a huge box of these, plus a bunch of samples. DD has never had a rash (knock on wood) and I dont want to start. Rumors have got so me scared of these Im even afraid to sample them now so I am wasting the big box I have but nothing is worth jeapordizing DDs health or skin. Whats your experience?

Well, I actually posted about this pretty recently, but I never followed it up with an update. Basically, DH bought a box of them and I wasn't sure if we should use them or not. DH's reasoning was that if they were really unsafe, they wouldnt be on the shelves....

In any case, (and I feel pretty stupid about this now) we decided to try them. For about 3 days, there was no problem. On the 3rd or 4th day, DD developed terrible blisters on her bottom. Not a regular rash at all, but puffy, painful blisters that really looked liked burns. I felt so terrible for DD. She did not want to be cleaned, and a hot bath was very painful for her (she refused to sit in it). So we gave her cool baths, and cleaned her very gently. The blisters went down after a few days, but took even longer to disappear. Needless to say, we will never use a diaper with Dry Max again.

I know some people do not have any problems with Dry Max, but honestly it is just not worth the chance.

Btw, to answer your question, DD is not really prone to rashes. When she was younger, we noticed that she got rashes from Pampers and we attributed it to the scent. So we switched to Huggies and everything was fine. She rarely gets rashes with Huggies. When she does, they are very minor and usually go away with some cream overnight.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

We have had no issues with them, and DS is prone to some pretty icky eczema. Just like any diaper it depends on the kid, we cant do huggies but drymax have been fine.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

We had the Dry Max before all the reports came out and DD was always fine. Since the reports, I try to buy the Sensitive but if they are out, I will get the Dry Max and she continues to be fine. We've used Huggies, Kirkland, Up and UP and never had an issue with rashes on any of them (but did have terrible issues with leaks with any diaper other than Pampers).

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I got through 2 boxes without problems before reading about the rashes kids were getting. I was a little freaked about it so I did switch to Baby Dry for a box or two, but just went back to the dry max. C has very sensitive, eczema prone skina and has never had a problem. I use sensitive skin wipes. I remember a thread about this a couple months back where several people mentioned they were using sensitive skin wipes with the dry max and never had any problems. I don't know if there is a connection with the type of wipes you use or not (like a chemical reaction or something), but C has been fine with the sensitive skin wipes and diaper combo.

I have fraternal twins, so we are a good example of dry max being ok for some kids and not for others. I tried 1 pkg of dry max sort of poo-pooing the reports of problems and pretty quickly, DS had blisters on his bottom that took time to clear. In fact, I did not really tie it to the diaper until it happened a second time and realized then that that was what all the concern was about - ugh! Other than those two instances, DS has not had any other rashes or problems. Fortunately, DD has had no problem at all.

I stocked up on as many non-drymax pampers as I could find and am now trying other brands of diapers. I did have a small package of dry max swaddlers, so I did finish it using it only on DD, but I only used one/two of those diapers per day and never back to back or overnight, just in case. So, if you are concerned about using them, you might want to just mix them in and hopefully, you will not have any problems. As a side note, we only use sensitive skin wipes, so that did not prevent us from having problems.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We had one box of the DryMax type Swaddlers (DH ordered from diapers.com) when DD first got home from the hospital. No problem at all, but once that box was done, I made sure to only buy the Sensitives from amazon.com. If the non DryMax alternative hadn't existed from Pampers, I would have switched companies. Not worth the risk to me.

for Sandy Hook

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

we have been using them since day one with our dd who is 11 weeks old and have never had an issue

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD seems to be violently "allergic" to Pampers in general.

Even the Sensitives, which she wore in the hospital and developed a rash with while she was there, seem to be problematic.

She's also had issues with regular Huggies and Luvs. We're a Huggies Pure & Natural household now & she doesn't have issues.

I won't buy Pampers anymore and especially not regular Pampers - the fragrance gives me the WORST headaches!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I've used almost a whole box with DS and no problems.
    However, I am switching to BabyDry. When I alternated between Swaddlers and BabyDry, it seemed to me like there was a strong urine smell the second Swaddlers got wet.
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast