Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default $1.25 million per episode??

Having never watched an episode of Two and a Half Men b/c it just isn't my cup of tea based on the ads, I am amazed that Charlie Sheen's performance can possibly be with $1.25 million/ episode. Check over the list of other payday amounts and see what you think. He is the highest paid comedy or drama actor on TV.

Sorry, just have my jaw dropping a bit at some of the amounts...and thinking some good actors out there should be getting more if other ones are getting that much.
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/who-are-tvs-top-earners--1459

Beth

They are pretty much all over-paid. Charlie Sheen (and that show) need to be dropped. It might be the best thing for everyone.

But that's just nuts.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I like the show, but yeah, he's overpaid. He's not even acting. The "Charlie" on the show is just him in real life. Cept wearing bowling shirts.

Ok, Snooki from that trash MTV show gets paid $30,000 for living in a house drinking and showing her boobies on TV?
    That's disgusting.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i think i'm probably the only one on this entire board, but i love Two & Half Men. I find that show freakin' hilarious. But yeah, Charlie's character is just Charlie Sheen in real life, so not much acting there. It's still a great show IMO...DH & I often watch it together after DS is in bed and it often has me laughing so hard my sides ache. After dealing with poopy diapers and vomit all day, it's nice to watch a sitcom with adult humor. my MIL and DH's grandmother even watch the show occasionally and thinks its funny. i guess we are an oddball family.

eta: i'm shocked the Big Bang Theory actors only make $60k per episode (or less, in case of Jim Parsons, who totally makes the show IMO)! i bet that is going to change soon though, as that show is really taking off (jsut got moved to THursdays). Big Bang is another one of my favorite shows.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-11-2010 at 06:46 PM.

That is crazy, crazy, crazy money. All of it. Unbelievable
    mom to one sweet little girl born in late '08
    and -surprise!- one sweet little boy born in late '11

The stars of "Friends" made $1 million an episode ten years ago. "Two and 1/2 Men" is close to the #1 show. It's a lot of money...but that's Hollywood. Stars aren't the only ones making $$$. Execs make shocking amounts of money. It's one of the few reasons I'm glad not to be raising my girls in LA. It's crazy!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    The stars of "Friends" made $1 million an episode ten years ago. "Two and 1/2 Men" is close to the #1 show. It's a lot of money...but that's Hollywood. Stars aren't the only ones making $$$. Execs make shocking amounts of money. It's one of the few reasons I'm glad not to be raising my girls in LA. It's crazy!
    I knew it was a crazy sum of money (especially for those members of the ensemble that really couldn't act) but forgot that it was that high. Yeesh.

Beth

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm puzzled that Desperate Housewives is considered a comedy?
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

My q is why isn't Neil Patrick Harris at least ranking somewhere on that list?

Re. Desperate Housewives- isn't it considered a dark comedy?

Beth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast