Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think 2/1/2 Men is pretty funny, but then I have always liked Charlie Sheen's humor. I don't think I have met a person IRL who doesn't like 2/1/2 Men. Even the older folks like my grandparents like it. I have loved his bit part in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and he was great in Major League. I don't think that the 1.25 M is that far off base seeing what the Friends cast was getting in the late 90s/early 00s as that was a ghastly amount of money for any star even movie star w/end profits to be making.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    The stars of "Friends" made $1 million an episode ten years ago. "Two and 1/2 Men" is close to the #1 show. It's a lot of money...but that's Hollywood. Stars aren't the only ones making $$$. Execs make shocking amounts of money. It's one of the few reasons I'm glad not to be raising my girls in LA. It's crazy!

i totally remember the Friends thing, and yeah, that was a decade ago. and more than Hollywood stars, i could never really get over how much money some pro sports players earn. like A-Rod for example.... $275 million contract??? even if its for 10 years, thats about $27 million per year.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dramas
    Hugh, Chris & Mariska, Sinese, Juliana, Nathan, and Angie are all worth every single penny, and I'd put Meloni & Mariska to being worth a mil a piece. Juliana is ridicously underpaid, and I think if Angie were on a network show, she'd be paid more. Nathan Fillion is so good at his job it's insane, he will be making more in the next few seasons if Castle makes it and is no longer freshman fare.

Caruso and Marg are a bit overpaid, AFAIC.

Late NIght / Talk
    What's fascinating is that Oprah makes so many millions they'er not countable, while Judge Judy, who beats the pants off her in every rating that you can imagine, makes a comparative pittance (not that $45mil is a problem, ahem). Oprah may be the Queen, but Judge Judy is the one with the biggest numbers. Letterman and Ellen are worth their money.

Reality
    Ryan Seacrest is the new Dick Clark. The rest of these guys? I do not understand one bit, especially that orange chick.

Comedy
    1.25 for Charlie Sheen? FOR REALZ?! Shakin' my head at that one. There are two full sized men on that one, so why is Duckie making less than half that? Hmm ... I'm ok with the Housewives, but Tina Fey should be making more than them. And I think Carrell is worth the money, too. Shatner is worth alot more than what he's being paid, but he's not greedy for money, he's greedy for recognition and hungry for the craft. Seriously. So, not shocked at his salary. Betty White and anyone on Big Bang is worth craploads more than they're beying paid, but Hot in Cleveland is on a not hot cable netlet, so not surprised. I think the Big Bangers should be liek the Friends and stay united and ask for alot more, cuz Parsons, in particular is really of equal (more) value, here. And Jane Lynch?! She's by far in the top 5 most talented people on that whole frakkin' list, so why she's making so little per ep is beyond me.

News
    I think they got this right in terms of largest wage-earners, but I'm positively blown away by the amounts they're making. Is that PER YEAR?! Matt, Katie, Brian, Meredith, yes, that's the right order. But I'm shocked at those amounts. I mean Holy mother of Cronkite, people.

Thems're my two cents.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

The actors are not making nearly as much of the pie as the networks are taking in in revenue. Seriously, they can afford it.

I wish actors's pay and teachers's pay were reversed.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Dramas
    Hugh, Chris & Mariska, Sinese, Juliana, Nathan, and Angie are all worth every single penny, and I'd put Meloni & Mariska to being worth a mil a piece. Juliana is ridicously underpaid, and I think if Angie were on a network show, she'd be paid more. Nathan Fillion is so good at his job it's insane, he will be making more in the next few seasons if Castle makes it and is no longer freshman fare.
    A big ol'. But mostly I just wanted to join in the Nathan love. I him, and I'm totally addicted to Castle.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMine View Post
    And nurses, social workers, and many, many other professions!!

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMine View Post
    Maybe the networks could donate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2