Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Does Baby Dry have Dry-Max?

I thought it didn't because it doesn't say so on the box. I had ordered them because of the Amazon deal and opened the box on Monday. Tonight I noticed my DS is getting a rash on his butt, which is highly unusual. It is really red. Would it take 2 days to develop a rash if the diapers didn't agree with him? I guess common sense would tell me the diapers are the culprit. But we used some cruisers w/drymax before and he didn't have a bad reaction, I just decided to switch to Up&Up. I guess I will be Freecycling this huge box of diapers. I just don't want to chance it getting worse. Good thing they were so cheap! No more Pampers for me, ever.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

baby dry doesnt have dry max only the swaddlers above size 2 and cruisers have it.

did something change in ds's diet? or teething?

No advice, but try selling them on CL (or even to friends/ acquaintances) before you freecycle them! I'd hate for you to lose _all_ that money! Or you could donate them to a food/ diaper shelter nearby.

Baby Dry does not have Dry Max, which I why I made the switch to them after DD grew out of her size 2 Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive.

I also agree that it may possibly be related to diet or teething? Hope it gets better!

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I could probably search an older thread, but can someone briefly explain the DryMax rash issue?

DS has had a pretty bad rash for the last several days. I had been attributing it to the fact that he ate TONS of strawberries the other day, but now I'm wondering if it's from his Pampers instead. We live in Germany and have used nothing but Pampers (made in Europe) on him without any problems. But...we just got back from 2 weeks in the US, and I did buy a package of Pampers Baby Dry while we were there. PPs have said Baby Dry doesn't have DryMax but it seems some DCs have a sensitivity to Pampers overall? DS has never had a rash for this long before. Thanks!
    Last edited by Momit; 08-12-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Clarification

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    No advice, but try selling them on CL (or even to friends/ acquaintances) before you freecycle them! I'd hate for you to lose _all_ that money! Or you could donate them to a food/ diaper shelter nearby.
    It was only $16 for a box of 144! Thank goodness. I like to Freecycle...makes me feel like a did a good deed for the day. I will explain why I'm giving them away though.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post
    baby dry doesnt have dry max only the swaddlers above size 2 and cruisers have it.

did something change in ds's diet? or teething?
    He has been getting 2 molars in for the past week and a half. No new food. He's never had a rash before, and it weird how it popped up so fast.