Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My time line:
    Newborns- 2 weeks. (8 lbs at birth)
    Size 1 - until 2 1/2 mos
    Size 1/2 (Huggies) until about 3 mos old.
    Size 2 until 4 or 5 mos old. Briefly used swaddlers 2/3. Not very long
    Here's the kicker-
    DS is 20 lbs, 14 mos old and still fits just fine in size 3.

I stocked up on size 4's. I thought he would need them soon. 8 months ago. The only good thing is that I got Cruisers without drymax. I think the size 4's start at 22 lbs... He has been wearing Huggies overnite size 4s for along time because they are easier to find.

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by catsnkid View Post
    Here's the kicker-
    DS is 20 lbs, 14 mos old and still fits just fine in size 3.

I stocked up on size 4's. I thought he would need them soon. 8 months ago. The only good thing is that I got Cruisers without drymax. I think the size 4's start at 22 lbs... He has been wearing Huggies overnite size 4s for along time because they are easier to find.
    dd is 18 mo and 20lbs and still in size 3 and i did the same thing and stocked up on size 4 cruisers without dry max. we now use them for overnights since dd is heavy night pee-er

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

it SO totally depends. I'd be careful about prebuying.

dd1 was a Pampers girl all the way. I was better off leaving her naked than putting on a Huggies diaper. she also pt in size 3 at 18mo.

dd2 polar opposite. at 8mo, she'll be in size 5 as soon as I finish the size 4s I bought - probably sooner. the size 4 are like bikini panties on her. she was in size 2 for about a month. Pampers do NOT work for her at all - she's in huggies little movers.

We switched to Pampers Baby Dry for size 3. For NB,1, 2, we used the old swaddlers.

We used 2-3 boxes of size 2 for DS and he was a big baby!
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD was 9 lbs at birth and skipped Newborn size completely. She was in size 2 diapers from about 2.5-5.5 months. She is 8.5 months and currently in size 3 diapers. I think we will be in size 3 for quite a while. (She is 60% for weight and 75% for height)

I used a lot of size 2 diapers for her. I probably could have kept her in size 2 a few more weeks weight wise, but she has chunky legs and the diaper were getting tight.

I mostly use Luvs and Huggies. (I used to use Pampers Swaddlers on her, but I refuse to use Pampers Cruisers since Drymax came out)

I would get the boxes from Amazon. You will probably use a lot of 2's
    Last edited by llama8; 08-14-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2