Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MomToOne View Post
    Get the beco and don't have any regrets. That's the one you want so get it.
    Have you used the Gemini? Would love to hear a review if you get a chance to post one.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    check thebabywearer.com for reviews of the Gemini.
    The Gemini is too new, thebabywearer.com doesn't have any reviews yet.

Listen to your heart! Go BECO!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't watched these, but these are some video reviews of the gemini

http://www.homemademom.com/2010/08/b...at-reveal.html

http://sugarpopribbons.blogspot.com/...er-review.html

This one compares the Gemini to the Butterfly II: http://www.nurturebabynaturally.com/...terfly-ii.html

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Have you used the Gemini? Would love to hear a review if you get a chance to post one.
    No, I just meant that's the one she wants so she should get it. I would have said it regardless of the two products she was comparing.
    mom to one sweet little girl born in late '08
    and -surprise!- one sweet little boy born in late '11

Quote Originally Posted by MomToOne View Post
    Get the beco and don't have any regrets. That's the one you want so get it.
    Sometimes it feels that simple, until I think some more. Then I feel silly for wanting the Beco without having seen it (no stores around me are going to carry it, and until a few days ago I'd only found it as a pre-order) and without having any assurance that it's going to be great. It's a new model: who knows if the kinks have been worked out. Then I feel ungrateful because I have a perfectly good Ergo that cost nothing out of pocket (was relieved to finally use up a gift card, and now if I return the Ergo I'll have $100 gift card again with no immediate use for--wish Buy Buy Baby carried more carriers).

Quote Originally Posted by garnetgirl View Post
    Sometimes it feels that simple, until I think some more. Then I feel silly for wanting the Beco without having seen it (no stores around me are going to carry it, and until a few days ago I'd only found it as a pre-order) and without having any assurance that it's going to be great. It's a new model: who knows if the kinks have been worked out. Then I feel ungrateful because I have a perfectly good Ergo that cost nothing out of pocket (was relieved to finally use up a gift card, and now if I return the Ergo I'll have $100 gift card again with no immediate use for--wish Buy Buy Baby carried more carriers).
    You'll find something to buy sooner or later even if its gifts for other people.

Have you tried the ergo or the beco? Someone wrote something in another thread and it was one of the best statements I ever read about carriers - "they're like bras" each one fits each person differently. That's why some people swear by the ergo, others by the beco and others by the piccolo, etc. I think you really should try the ones you like and go with the one that is most comfortable (even if it's not the cutest - if it is - bonus).
    HTH!
    (Sorry I am not crediting the owner of that comment - I can't find it now - but it was great! So true!)

Quote Originally Posted by garnetgirl View Post
    That still sounds like the one you want is the Beco. You will not only find another use for that $100, but it will be better spent after your baby is here because you will know her/him, know what they want and need, what suits them. You have many years of baby gear shopping in front of you, don't worry.

I love the comment about the bras and it's so true. Part of why I'm pushing for you to get what you want is because I know that it's just totally impossible to know what is going to work best for *you*. You may not even like wearing the baby. The baby might never want to be worn, some are like that. You may end up being into wraps or get bit by the stroller bug. So get what you want because the chances of what is going to work are all totally even right now.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I honestly don't think any one of us can and should push another person here to get a particular carrier! I don't mean that disrespectfully but just as a cautionary note. I had a lot of "get the Beco you won't regret it" posts (because I'm a slim person and supposedly Ergo doesn't work as well for skinnies. Not true in my case!). Luckily I had a chance to try out the Beco and Pikkolo - got the Pikkolo but can't wait till DD2 is big enough for the Ergo. If I had just gone by appearances, no question I would have gotten the Beco.

I guess I'm saying what the PP did - one size doesn't fit all, and even the same person can change preferences over time and with different babies. Since you have the Ergo, why not give it a good shot and if it doesn't work out get the Gemini? Perhaps your DH will like the Ergo? Resale on the Ergo is amazing so hang on to the packaging.
    Last edited by citymama; 08-15-2010 at 01:07 AM.

for Sandy Hook

Although I do like my beco, I'm not advocating for it because it's a beco, I'm saying the same thing I would say if she were debating two different cribs or strollers or anything. If she were talking about the ergo the same as she's talking about the beco I'd say get the ergo.

It's just the tone of her voice where I feel like she really wants one over the other and as I said it really doesn't matter at this point because there's no telling what's going to work best. I traded my mini arms reach for a full size after much thought and my baby never ended up sleeping in a crib at all.

I'm not saying you were directing your comment to me or anything, just trying to clarify where I'm coming from.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast