Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default My weekend purge and organization challenge - the photos

DH and the kids left after lunch yesterday. I worked all afternoon and most of today. I've made 2 trips to the Salvation Army and probably have 1 more to go.

I cleaned the master bedroom, which had become our dumping ground for things to sort through. And, the basement, which was more of the same. Neither are perfect, but the improvement is wonderful!

I have a bunch of stuff in the family room now to finish going through tonight. Most just needs to be put away or stored. I found it easier to just make a bin for things that didn't belong and dump it all in there and I'll sort in front of the TV.

Pictures to follow...
    Kris

Here's the master bedroom.

Before: my craft area that got moved in last fall, but never quite organized. I still need to go through the drawers, but it's not too bad now.

My pile that I make after kids outgrow something. I need a better system for this! The bins should be gone through again, but this is all fall/winter stuff that I'll sell at a mom2mom sale in Sept. Anything left gets donated and then I fill the bins with spring/summer. It needs a better home, but for now, the corner is where it is. I think the pile of bins will get smaller as I get more caught up on going through the clothes/toys.

And the after shots:

Kris

The basement. A few months ago, I sorted through the storage area we have, but every time I tried to take stuff upstairs the kids followed, so I ended up just piling it to go through later. Finally, it's later .

The area at the bottom of our stairs - eventually we want a 2nd TV for this area:

The play area (why can't DH get the kids to clean up after they play here? He was down with them last!):

And the after pictures:
    The drums on the table are DH's and I don't know his plan for them. And the bins are either empty or his stuff. I'm not sorting his things, unless it's obvious, but did contain it for him.

Last edited by KrisM; 08-14-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    Kris

And, just to make me feel better and make sure you all don't think my whole house was a total disaster, more befores.

The kitchen:

The family room:

These are fairly typical days. The family room definitely gets a played in look as the day goes on, but it starts and ends decent enough. The kitchen is finally pretty good most of the time. Of course, it does end up with play doh, snacks, crayons, etc on it at some point.
    Kris

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am very impressed! Great job! I've never done a huge purge like that, but even after the little purges I do, I feel like the house is so much lighter. I hope your house stays organized after the rest of your family comes home!
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You did good mama! Now when can you come to my house and help me with my organizational nightmare!

Way to go!! You're an inspiration.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Great work! I am totally impressed! I know your DH and DC will enjoy it too I really like how calm your kitchen is--great paint color and love the flooring.
    K

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

WOW - Great job!!! Can I just say I am so, so ,soooo jealous!! I think it will be another year before I get to really tackle ours.

Great job!!

Is that Butterscotch the pony I see in the kitchen photo? My DD got one for Christmas a few years ago and it currently resided in my dining room. Now that we have DS I feel like we should keep it for him well and even though DD is 7 I don't think she is ready to part with Butterscotch just yet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast