Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    atx is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Embarrassing to admit-Gilt Maclaren sale mad

OK, so I have indecision problems and I blame all of you....I ordered 3 (yes, 3!) of the buggies-the owen tartan, the spitfire and the albert thurston!! I couldn't decide on the color scheme .

I know it's crazy but I actually convinced myself that when they get here, I'll decide which one I like the best and see about unloading the others.

(Edited)
    Last edited by atx; 08-21-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: implied that I was selling on the board-my bad!

Oh My!

I know, I know.

My husband is going to freak out a little but he also knows I'm very good about returning/selling items (something he can't ever be bothered with) so I should be able to talk him off the ledge when the time comes.

You can cancel any of them before they ship. Gilt has AWESOME customer service, so you can cancel, but you can't return once they're shipped.

Here's what I will tell you. The Thurston comes with the most goodies. (leather handles, footmuff, wheelbag)
    The owen is basically the thurston in a different color with less accessories (no footmuff, no wheelcovers, no headhugger, no leather handles).
    The Spitfire comes with headhugger and shoulder pads but no footmuff, no wheelcovers and no leather handles, but it does come with a liner. And the pattern is different. (so if you don't like the plaid, this is a big thing)

so here's my unsolicited advice: I would ditch Owen from the start. Unless you love the pattern that much - because he's not a steal in comparison (list price is $275 - gilt price is $185). Owen costs more than the Thurston (list price $350, gilt price $175) and comes with less.

Then I would decide whether you like the green better or the plaid better and if all is equal, go with the Thurston because you get more for less money.

Then cancel the other.

Then you're down to one (I think you are paying 3 delivery fees if you get all three also, so you have to figure that in).

Get it down to one, you'll be happier plus you won't have to go through the hassle of selling one....

Just my unsolicited advice.
    Last edited by poohbear; 08-21-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    You can cancel any of them before they ship. Gilt has AWESOME customer service, so you can cancel, but you can't return once they're shipped.

Here's what I will tell you. The Thurston comes with the most goodies. (leather handles, footmuff, wheelbag)
    The owen is basically the thurston in a different color with less accessories (no footmuff, no wheelcovers, no headhugger, no leather handles).
    The Spitfire comes with headhugger and shoulder pads but no footmuff, no wheelcovers and no leather handles, but it does come with a liner. And the pattern is different. (so if you don't like the plaid, this is a big thing)

so here's my unsolicited advice: I would ditch Owen from the start. Unless you love the pattern that much - because he's not a steal in comparison (list price is $275 - gilt price is $185). Owen costs more than the Thurston (list price $350, gilt price $175) and comes with less.

Then I would decide whether you like the green better or the plaid better and if all is equal, go with the Thurston because you get more for less money.

Then cancel the other.

Then you're down to one (I think you are paying 3 delivery fees if you get all three also, so you have to figure that in).

Get it down to one, you'll be happier plus you;ll have to go through the hassle of selling one....

Just my unsolicited advice.
    ITA!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

BTW - I will only take your blame for Albert Thurston - I didn't/wouldn't recommend any other Ryder!

Default Stroller arsenal-weigh in

I totally appreciate the unsolicited advice. I think I'll cancel the Owen but I really like both the bright green of the spitfire and the plaid of the AT. But before I cancel two out of three Ryder's, here's what I need/want and maybe you guys can give me some more fantastic advice:

I was going to get an Indigo (arivecchi's to blame), mainly for the reversible seat and secondarily as a "snap n go". I've not seen one in person to see how I like it, how it folds, weight, etc so we'll see

My mother, who will be taking care of the baby, wants her own stroller For her she's mainly going to do mall walking, maybe some short walks in the neighborhood. She needs lightweight and relatively easy fold. BJCM or Ryder? (poohbear's fault). My mom liked the fold of the mini but she might like the weight of the Ryder more.

I wanted a light and easy fold stroller for the car/mall/travel, so BJCM or Ryder?. but I also want a stroller for longer walks and jogs, so maybe a get a Bob Revolution next time there's a sale or if I find one on craigslist at a good price.

Thoughts? Should I just do an Indigo/Bob combo for myself and then whatever stroller I get for grandma? Or is Indigo/Ryder/Bob for myself overkill for one as yet unborn baby

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by atx View Post
    Or is Indigo/Ryder/Bob for myself overkill for one as yet unborn baby
    Yes it's probably overkill but no one around here is going to judge. An Indigo/BOB combination should do you fine I would think. You can upgrade from the Indigo to the Ryder sometime in between 10mo and 18mo when your lil one doesn't care to face you any longer. So if you love both Ryder's I guess you can keep them. One for your mom.. one for you down the road or for keeping in the husband's car.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

An Indigo/Bob/Ryder combo would be pretty nice! I don't think it's overkill.

Indigo: reversible stroller with bassinet mode and snap n go
    Bob: all-terrain for longer walks and rough terrain, jogging after baby is a year old
    Mac Ryder: for car/travel/grandma's

DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    An Indigo/Bob/Ryder combo would be pretty nice! I don't think it's overkill.

Indigo: reversible stroller with bassinet mode and snap n go
    Bob: all-terrain for longer walks and rough terrain, jogging after baby is a year old
    Mac Ryder: for car/travel/grandma's

It is nice to have a lightweight stroller for car/travel.
    We're enablers so if you're looking for someone to tell you that you only need two strollers, you're on the wrong board.
    I will say, you probably don't need two Ryders, but that's as far as I'll go (who am I to judge though, I have a BJCM, a Ryder, and a Triumph!) Personally I'd go Thurston - did you see my math in the other thread - if you subtract the accessories, the stroller itself is really only $65...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast