Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Stroller Wars

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    $650 if you want a canopy!

I love everything about the Bee except the price tag, how silly it looks and how low to the ground it sits. What's the point of having my child facing me if they're so far away I can't see them???
    I would never spend $600 on a Bee. That's why I didn't.

Bjcs vs b-ready
    Vista w/rumble vs p&t

Bob revo vs mb terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    $650 if you want a canopy!

I love everything about the Bee except the price tag, how silly it looks and how low to the ground it sits. What's the point of having my child facing me if they're so far away I can't see them???
    Worth every penny. Really. Even my DH (finally) agrees. I use our Bee all the time! Love it for the mall, restaurants, and whenever I need to run quick errands. It's just the easiest stroller to use for us (we have the Bee, Vista, and Mac Easy Traveller).

At first it bothered me that the seat was so close to the ground, especially after being spoiled by the high seat of the Vista. But honestly, it hasn't made a difference- my LO and I still 'talk' to each other all the time... I make silly faces at him, and he giggles. We have so much fun together!
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    That is way more than what I paid for my MB Duo!
    I'm def. going to check out this board when we have DC #2!! I've already been eyeing double strollers... I think I want an all-terrain one!!!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    MB Swift vs. BJCM - tough comparo - now have pushed both and think for city lifesyle - prize goes to Swift, for suburban lifestyle, prize goes to BJCM
    I agree. The MBs are perfect for my "hood" right?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    I am pretty sure they will have Thurstons - I asked if they had any and they said yes and that there would be a gilt sale next week
    And that stroller rocks. (I'm guessing they will have others, in the past they have had Spitfires, Owens, 4 seasons, and Kate Spades and Juicy Coutures - not all during the same sales though)
    And I know people love their bees, but I can't get over the fact that it looks a wee bit like a small child's wheelchair ... And it's $600...
    Kate Spade stroller?!?! Oh am I in trouble .... I Kate
    DS1 - Oct. '09

Quote Originally Posted by Andi98989 View Post
    Kate Spade stroller?!?! Oh am I in trouble .... I Kate
    How come some of the Ryders have different wheels? I like the look of Four Seasons, but the wheels don't look the same as Al Thurston's. Is it an older model? Does anyone know which ones came out earlier and which ones later? TIA!

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBeingMrs View Post
    Worth every penny. Really. Even my DH (finally) agrees. I use our Bee all the time! Love it for the mall, restaurants, and whenever I need to run quick errands. It's just the easiest stroller to use for us (we have the Bee, Vista, and Mac Easy Traveller).

At first it bothered me that the seat was so close to the ground, especially after being spoiled by the high seat of the Vista. But honestly, it hasn't made a difference- my LO and I still 'talk' to each other all the time... I make silly faces at him, and he giggles. We have so much fun together!
    I love facing DS and cannot imagine using a non-reversible stroller at this time. I find it very easy to communicate with DS in the Bee even though the seat is lower to the ground, he sees my face clearly and smiles a me and gets reassured whenever he is stressed or upset.

Not sure why this stroller is getting such negative publicity on these boards and is considered overpriced.. It's no more strange looking than Stokke or Orbit, or Ion or Joovy Cooper. It costs the same as Vista or Mutsy or PP Skate or similar urban strollers, it's just a different type of stroller, but still a full featured loaded stroller that can be one and only for many people and can be used from birth. On the contrary something like Vista/Mutsy/PP Skate/Teutonia/I'coo usually requires purchasing an additional lightweight stroller with small fold for car use, travel, PT, etc. It seems like Bugaboo strollers in general don't get much love on these forums I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PGTB View Post
    It's no more strange looking than Stokke or Orbit, or Ion or Joovy Cooper. It costs the same as Vista or Mutsy or PP Skate or similar urban strollers, it's just a different type of stroller, but still a full featured loaded stroller that can be one and only for many people and can be used from birth. On the contrary something like Vista/Mutsy/PP Skate/Teutonia/I'coo usually requires purchasing an additional lightweight stroller with small fold for car use, travel, PT, etc. It seems like Bugaboo strollers in general don't get much love on these forums I guess.
    I actually think the Bee is neat. I think the difference between Bugaboo and these other brands (well, a lot of the others you mentioned also don't get a lot of love here) is that Bugaboos seem not to go on sale or not to have deep discounts readily available so the price is out of reach for most people for a single and unlike the Vista it doesn't come with a carrycot and can't be made into a double. Also, I'm not sure you can call a stroller full featured that doesn't even come with its canopy for $600.

But like I said, I think the Bee is neat. If money were no object I'm sure I would already own one.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Bugs are very popular where I live, but I think a lot of people just get them because of the image they project. Still, lots of people obviously love them or they would not be so popular. My issue with the Bee is that it is not a full featured stroller like the others you mentioned and it costs $650!!! IMHO, a fair price for that stroller would be around $350-$400. I personally don't like the looks of it but what bugs me the most is the price! I would never rec. it for that reason. I mean, few double strollers cost that much! The Mutsy Slider I owned cost much less than $650 and was pretty darn nice and had AT capabilities.

It comes down to personal preferences, but that is why I am personally not into the Bee. I am not a Bugaboo lover in general though, FWIW.

Strollerswap is full of Bug lovers. They drive me a little nuts. LOL.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 08-16-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast