Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default If you skipped the bedding set for the nursery

what bedding pieces did you buy? For DS1 we bought the whole set and didn't use any of it. I didn't buy a set for DS2 but it looks so plain just having the sheets. We're using the PBK chamois sheets. Should I just look for a quilt to spice up the room? TIA

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm pretty opinionated about this, but no, I wouldn't buy the quilt. (Especially not a PBK quilt - $$$) I bought the whole PBK shebang but never used the quilt or the bumpers. I really wish I hadn't bothered. I did use the crib skirt and the sheets and they looked fine with the rest of the cute decor. Plus, no one ever sees it but us, so why bother?
    Last edited by Clarity; 08-15-2010 at 07:41 AM.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got the curtains, wall hangings, wall decals, and night light and then just bought a solid crib skirt and solid sheets to match.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

I bought sheets only. I made a mobile to hang above the crib (tree branch with butterflies punched from card stock tied on--hung high enough that dd won't be able to reach it even after she stands) and ordered her name in a vinyl decal for the wall right above her crib. It is a spare look, but I think it is also really pretty. And, of course, safe and super easy to change the sheet. The other wall has a bookcase and framed prints.

Catherine

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I bought a coordinating crib skirt for DD, made one for DS1, then reused it for DS2.

I just used the sheets. Crib skirts = dust collectors, imho, and I try to keep the nursery dusted....

There are lots of wonderful, beautiful curtains and wall decorations out there. Why spend the money on something you won't use?

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I made a mobile to hang above the crib (tree branch with butterflies punched from card stock tied on-
    This sounds really pretty!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sheets and with ds2 I bought a crib skirt. A friend gave me another crib skirt too. We had a mobile and several toys that hang from the crib railings. I have decals on the wall to make the room a bit more interesting.

Beth

I got Wonder Bumpers + matching crib skirt for our crib. His crib looks pretty empty, but still cute. My friends always say that DS' crib looks bigger than theirs, and I think it's because we didn't use traditional bumpers. We also use the Clouds and Stars Quick-Zip sheets- soo easy to change his sheets!

picresized_th_1281886819_DSC00149.jpg
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

P.S. We only use the Boppy Boggin Nest when he's not sleeping (he's watching his mobile in the pic)!! We have also taken out the mobile and moved the aquarium higher up since this picture was taken.
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

I bought lots of fancy printed crib sheets and then four dust ruffles. Two to interchange so I can wash one, and two to make curtain valences out of. I had my mom make a quilt for the wall only, never the crib.

Please, please google the saftey information about crib bumpers. I think it is a shame they still sell them in the US. In a lot of places they are banned. When I go to my friends houses with infants they are always teasing me since I want to go in and take the bumpers off the cribs. (I've never done that- yet!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast