Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post
    I love the mesh shoe hanger over the door idea for the small seasonal stuff (mittens, sunscreen, etc)! I'll definitely be borrowing that idea! Thanks!
    FYI, my DH would freak if I hung it over the door and scraped the wood, so it's on with Command Hooks. I love those things!
    Kris

I love those pocket hangers. Our mudroom doors see really high use--in/out constantly so I knew it wouldn't be good to do an over the door organizer. I just took the hooks out of the organizers and nailed them to the wall!! One keeps mittens and hats, the other shoes.

Only now, the kids' shoes are too big to fit in the pockets! So I got a 3 level shoe rack at Target--a sturdy one, not the flimsy plastic. I like the idea of putting sunglasses etc in the pockets I will have leftover!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Loving the pocket idea. Totally swiping that though I need to put it inside the coat closet door since we don't have a "mud room" just a foyer.

Talk to me about the command hooks. I wanted to buy some for backpacks and my diaper bag but they say they only hold 5 lbs. I think my diaper bag is over for sure and wondered about the backpacks once you add library books, etc.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I don't leave heavy stuff in the bags with those hooks. I do leave school folders in and sometimes have a lunchbox and a backpack hanging on one hook. I've never had a hook fail, but I think if it got too heavy, it would.

But, I love the command hooks still. I have a ton of them here. I use the picture hanging hooks all over instead of nails. We had the same hooks in the mudroom and took them down to paint. No issues pulling the adhesive off - left no marks at all.
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2