Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went in June. DS1 is 6 and DS2 was 9 months at the time. He hung out in the stroller A LOT, but did go on quite a few rides with me. I nursed him on several rides/shows, too (Small World, Boat ride in Mexico, Philharmagic, for example). He also got to see the most characters as we hung out while DS1 and DH went on rides together.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Thanks SO much for your responses!!
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do enjoy Disney, but in your situation, I would only deal with the expense and crowds of going to the parks if *you* would enjoy it. If it were me, I would definitely tag along on the trip, but spend my time at the pool, checking out the free stuff at the hotels, and maybe doing a hotel character meal. There are boat rides, monorail rides, playgrounds, etc all around WDW without going to a park. Ft Wilderness has carriage rides or wagon rides, and a campfire. (and there is more stuff at other hotels). In December there will be a lot of christmas decorations to look at.

Now plenty of adults love the shows and rides and go without kids, so if it is your thing, go for it. I don't think it is a waste or anything to take an infant, but I also don't think the infant will get a ton out of it. So, I would make the decision based on whether you would enjoy it. JMO!
    Last edited by fivi2; 08-16-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Two years ago I'd've said you were nuts. Today, a more informed Disneyholic? Go for it. Nothing is too anything for Disney. At ten months, the only thing I'd says is to remember that you're not goign for THEM, you're going for YOU, and bringing them. Not that there won't be lots of stimulation for them to watch and enjoy with wonder, but this will be your experience, ultiamtely, not theirs. But I would totally go!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2