Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 10 Months = Too Young for WDW?

Just found out that my DH might go to a conference held at the Disney Resort in December. I hadn't even considered taking DS to WDW this year, because I figured we'd wait until he was older. He'll be 10 months old by then, and I'm worried he might be too young to have fun.

DH would be stuck in lectures and such all morning and afternoon, so if I do decide to take DS to WDW, it'd be just us two. Is he even going to have fun?

Should I bring my own stroller (Uppababy Vista or Bugaboo Bee), or should I rent? If renting, where should I rent from, and what stroller would you recommend? Please help!!
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

He'll have fun if his mommy has fun. My DB & DSIL took their son at about that age, although they had an older DD at the time. The pictures of DNephew are cute & he looks to be having a ball. Just take it slow.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

It'll be fun, but a different type of fun than older kids have. He will enjoy looking around at all of the new things. And rides like the train, horse drawn carriages and People Mover will be exciting for him.

And just thnk of the cute photos you can take!!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    It'll be fun, but a different type of fun than older kids have. He will enjoy looking around at all of the new things. And rides like the train, horse drawn carriages and People Mover will be exciting for him.

Do it! It'll be fun. There are things he can see, do and enjoy.

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post

And the next time you go it will still all be "new" to him again
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Definitely do it!!! We took DS for his first bday and had a blast! We are going back in about a month. DS will be 21 months old and I don't think it is going to be as fun. He was so much more easy going at 12 months and liked to sit in his stroller. He also liked the rides. Now he is a scaredy cat and way more likely to have a major tantrum when he doesn't get his way!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It will be fun. We took my oldest for the first time at 14 months because she and I tagged along on a business trip. It was what got us totally hooked!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It will be fun for both of you. We've gone when our middle ds was just 4 months old. Of course, it wasn't the same experience for him as it was when we went again when he was 4 years old, but it's still fun to be there...more fun than at home, for sure!
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I think I'll go to WDW with my DS for at LEAST one day while we're there.

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    It will be fun. We took my oldest for the first time at 14 months because she and I tagged along on a business trip. It was what got us totally hooked!
    This is exactly what I'm going to be doing. What did you do there other than WDW? How did you manage your LO by yourself?
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBeingMrs View Post
    How did you manage your LO by yourself?
    If you just have one child, it shouldn't be difficult. Just put your baby in a stroller and enjoy walking around and seeing everything. You can feed him while he sits in the stroller, take him into some of the shows, play in the kiddie areas....just relax! Sounds heavenly.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast