Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help! ISO good bra for saggy, post-nursing boobs

Please, can anyone point me in the right direction? I need a brand & or style number recommendation, if possible. I'm somewhere between saggy and National Geographic saggy. It's tough to get an accurate measurement b/c my girls are so droopy. A dim wit @ Victoria's Secret tried to tell me I measure @ a 36 B, but when I gather them up, I can fit into a 34 DD underwire by Modern Motion (Dillards store brand). I have not found been able to wear VS bras since before my first pregnancy; they just don't fit right.

Sorry if it's TMI, but one side is about a cup size bigger than the other, and that one is stuffed into the bra (if gravity weren't a factor it would be overflowing the top of the cup) while the other side fits fine. I'm uncomfortable and I don't know if it's because it's an underwire & I'm not used to it anymore or if it truly doesn't fit me. If I lift the girls up where they are supposed to be, then the band doesn't fit flush with my chest wall. I hate when the band feels tight, but if the band is loose then there is no support. Ugh!

I don't want anything scratchy, and it must be invisible underneath clothing. I'd like to keep it under $50/bra because I would need to buy multiples, and these things are going to be machine washed (on gentle in a lingere bag, but still...they can't be fragile). Right now, I wear the underwire bras if I'm going out (eg. church) and want to look good, but I can't wait to get home and put on my ugly Bali double support (Ha!) no-wire bra that offers almost no support but is very comfy. I'd like to have something well fitting & pretty every day & for when DH comes home from deployment.

Help me Baby Bargains Board mamas, you're my only hope. ;-)

I think you need to go to Nordstroms or another big department store or to a lingerie store and get measured by a professional. Everyone is totally different and they will be able to help you not only with size but with profile and bra type. Don't go to VS, they have no idea what they are doing.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cutter333 View Post
    ...Don't go to VS, they have no idea what they are doing.
    I haven't worn VS bras since my freshman year of college for this exact reason.

Also, they stopped making the 2nd skin satin bras and I loved those so!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Are you by any of these stores? Several years ago when I was in Chicago for a weekend I stopped by one and it was the best thing I ever did! Those women were amazing at doing a bra fitting. I got some great bras. Once you find out what is a good one for you, you can start looking around online for deals.

http://www.myintimacy.com/
    DS1 - Oct. '09

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Andi98989 View Post
    Are you by any of these stores? Several years ago when I was in Chicago for a weekend I stopped by one and it was the best thing I ever did! Those women were amazing at doing a bra fitting. I got some great bras. Once you find out what is a good one for you, you can start looking around online for deals.

http://www.myintimacy.com/
    I completely agree! I've been to the Atlanta one and plan to go back in a month now that I've quit nursing. Once the girls go back to their sad state, I'll need the experts there. You'll invest some money, but it is WORTH IT. And cheaper than a boob job, which is my other alternative.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For a do-it-at home measurement, use this guide from breakoutbras.com:

http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/noname1.html

It gave me the most accurate measurement. Note that I had to get help to "prop up" my boobs due to sagginess (I breastfed my twins for 18 months). But you could probably do it yourself with some strong quads, and a table

For sagginess, I found that the thing that helped most was a full-coverage bra. My skin was so stretched out that when properly "stuffed" into a bra cup, the skin at the top would be all wrinkly. Gross. I'm a size 28DD for reference. Double gross.

I ended up buying the Ta Ta tamer from lululemon. This bra seriously changed my life It's a sports bra but wears like a regular bra. I wear it every day and emptied my wallet to buy enough for a few washings. At least I can forget about the grossness that are my boobs when I'm wearing this bra

http://shop.lululemon.com/store/prod...rid=1604&sli=1

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    For a do-it-at home measurement, use this guide from breakoutbras.com:

http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/noname1.html

It gave me the most accurate measurement. Note that I had to get help to "prop up" my boobs due to sagginess (I breastfed my twins for 18 months). But you could probably do it yourself with some strong quads, and a table

For sagginess, I found that the thing that helped most was a full-coverage bra. My skin was so stretched out that when properly "stuffed" into a bra cup, the skin at the top would be all wrinkly. Gross. I'm a size 28DD for reference. Double gross.

I ended up buying the Ta Ta tamer from lululemon. This bra seriously changed
    my life It's a sports bra but wears like a regular bra. I wear it every day and emptied my wallet to buy enough for a few washings. At least I can forget
    about the grossness that are my boobs when I'm wearing this bra
    http://shop.lululemon.com/store/productdetails.aspx?productid=1642&colorid=1604&sl i=1
    I might just have to buy this bra for the name alone!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I swear by Wacoal brand. Before kids I was a 32C, after weaning DD1 I was a 32D. Lord knows what I'll be after weaning #2. But Wacoal is my go too brand. Very supportive. Hold up to frequent use and washings and hoist the girls back up to where they should be.

I also like the fit calculator at http://www.birthandbaby.com. The fit is the same regardless if you are nursing or not. Because I have a large cup size but a small band size the usual "fit" guidelines don't seem to work for me.

ETA: I've had these Wacoals:
    http://www.barenecessities.com/Wacoa...4_,search,.htm
    http://www.barenecessities.com/Wacoa...5_,search,.htm
    http://www.barenecessities.com/Wacoa...5_,search,.htm
    Last edited by wendibird22; 08-17-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I finally weaned DD2 and went for a fitting a couple of months later. Find an older lady to do the fitting, really makes a difference, as I found. I got the size close, she took one look and told me a slightly different size that does indeed work better for me. And if you recently weaned (like six weeks or less) you might wait a bit longer for things to settle down (er, no pun intended, things do change for a bit - the unevenness could be caused by your DC having a favorite side, for instance - though most women are not perfectly symmetrical for bosoms or feet).

I actually got fitted at the Nordstrom rack by me, the lady was great, and I got Wacoal bras and some nice high-end pretty ones (felina, maybe?) for $10-$20.

There is nothing like having nice bras to help a mama feel good again. Now if I could just find panties I liked, I'd be happy all around.....

Thank you! I will start looking from here. DS weaned in June, so I think things are as normal as they are going to get. Too bad I can't blame lopsidedness on breastfeeding; they were like that before nursing so it's not going to change. I had a bra fitting @ Dillard's after DD weaned, and now post DS, those bras just aren't right somehow. It's not just about size (34 DD), it's about style (and scaffolding)!

@ Andi98989 and maylips, do you remember how much time does it take for a fitting @ the intimacy store? I am w/in driving distance of a store, but I need to decide if I need a sitter or if I can hit it on a preschool day. Also, about how much are we talking for a bra @ intimacy? $50? $100? I don't see any prices on their website and I'd like to figure out my budget. You're right though, it has to be cheaper than a boob job (though I might consider that at a later date)!

@ wendibird22, There are no Nordstroms nearby, but there is a Macy's, so I might do a fitting there & ask and try on some Wacoal bras. I totally relate to the big cup, small band dilemma. Finding well-fitting maternity & nursing bras was impossible for me (I used to live in Japan, which was like being limited to shopping in the juniors department), which is probably why my girls are in such sorry shape now.

@ twowhat?, I think the Ta-Ta-Tamer is right up there with the Hooter Hider regarding most amusingly named products. I'll have to check it out, b/c I'd like to start going to the gym, but none of my old sports bras fit, of course!

Thanks, all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast