Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by longtallsally05 View Post
    Thank you! I will start looking from here. DS weaned in June, so I think things are as normal as they are going to get. Too bad I can't blame lopsidedness on breastfeeding; they were like that before nursing so it's not going to change. I had a bra fitting @ Dillard's after DD weaned, and now post DS, those bras just aren't right somehow. It's not just about size (34 DD), it's about style (and scaffolding)!

@ Andi98989 and maylips, do you remember how much time does it take for a fitting @ the intimacy store? I am w/in driving distance of a store, but I need to decide if I need a sitter or if I can hit it on a preschool day. Also, about how much are we talking for a bra @ intimacy? $50? $100? I don't see any prices on their website and I'd like to figure out my budget. You're right though, it has to be cheaper than a boob job (though I might consider that at a later date)!

@ wendibird22, There are no Nordstroms nearby, but there is a Macy's, so I might do a fitting there & ask and try on some Wacoal bras. I totally relate to the big cup, small band dilemma. Finding well-fitting maternity & nursing bras was impossible for me (I used to live in Japan, which was like being limited to shopping in the juniors department), which is probably why my girls are in such sorry shape now.

@ twowhat?, I think the Ta-Ta-Tamer is right up there with the Hooter Hider regarding most amusingly named products. I'll have to check it out, b/c I'd like to start going to the gym, but none of my old sports bras fit, of course!

Thanks, all!
    Just saw this (after looking up the site again since I'm going tomorrow to get fitted!! Whoo hoo!)

I just walked in to the store and they asked me if I had a reservation. I had never heard of the store before so I immediately was freaking out, but I'm so glad I ended up going through with a fitting. But the point of that story was to tell you that apparently they take reservations, so if you needed to call in advance, I think you could.

They do sell Chantelle bras, which run $60-80, but I was newly pregnant at the time and bought an Anita bra and a sports bra and spent less than $100 for both (I think one was $40) You're not obligated to buy, but it's kind of like going to a makeup counter, getting a makeover and not buying anything. But the lady I had was nice enough that I felt I could tell her I didn't want to spend a fortune.

Oh, and for the record - I worked at Dillards in the "foundation" department after college for a little while and NO ONE needed to get a fitting from me! Don't go there for expert advice. I got very little training.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

Please, can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Meaning up, right?

Sorry about laughing, but I think that's all we can do in these situations. Thanks for the post, Longtallsally. I'll be following this advice in a few more months. I already had a mourning period for my breasts after BFing the first child. Now, BFing the second, I realize it does get even worse.

FWIW, I'm currently wearing a Bravado Bliss nursing bra in a 32DD/E(?) Definitely the most supportive, and best out of the 6 I tried recently to keep the girls lifted. I will absolutely still wear this post nursing. I had to get used to the tight-fitting band, but after consulting with both breakoutbras and birthandbaby, I realized that the 34 band size I'd been wearing was just wrong. Also, the lady who helped me at breakoutbras had a really good explanation for figuring out cup size that I'd never heard before, and cant' remember now. It was different than what birthandbaby sizing calculator tells you to do. If I went by birthdandbaby's chart, I'd be like a 32I orJ--way off.
    Wondermom

DS 1 8/2007
    DS 2 1/2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2