Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Good sposie pullups?

Okay, Arwyn is not PT'd, and is going off to preschool this year. The nurse there said CDs weren't very practical because of the hygiene issue, so could we just buy sposie pullups. I've never bought pullups before. Dora went right from CDs to underwear with a cover. So I don't know what kind to get, as ridiculous as that sounds. Arwyn wears Huggies Supremes size 4. Are the Huggies Pullups the same size and shape as the dipes? Does a pullup have the same absorbency as a dipe? She'll only be in school for 2.75 hours, but she typically tends to poop soon after breakfast, so if she doesn't do it before we leave, chances are she'll do it at school.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We used Huggies, Pampers, and Target's Up and Up pull-ups and I never had issues with any of them. I just bought whichever was cheapest with coupons when I had to get them. I used them mostly for when we were in the car for longer periods or going out when we were PTing. At home she wore cloth training pants. They definately contained better than the cloth trainers I had (Gerber and Potty Patty), and were pretty diaper-like in absorbancy. And they pull apart at the side seam for when you need to change them (which is nice if its a poopy one). Before we got to the pull-ups DD wore mostly Pampers, Luvs, or BJ's brand dipes. I was never a big fan of Huggies dipes (my girls usually managed to leak through them), but never had a problem with the pull-ups. And if you sign up on their website, they will send you $2 off coupons every few weeks (which brought the price down to what the Up and Up ones were without coupons).

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'll admit that I buy the Huggies pull ups because dd likes the princesses on them better than the Dora on Pampers. That's basically the only reason. I've never used Huggies diapers, so I can't compare them.

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

We like the huggies Pullups rather than the pampers version mainly because of the velcro sides--especially if your DD tends to poop in them it'll make them easier to change. If she's smallish I'd start with the 2T-3T size. The absorbency is pretty similar to a diaper--DS wakes up soaking wet every AM and they never leak... which is good and bad--for my family they have been a pretty miserable potty training tool (apparently some families have better luck as the kids really get that they're not supposed to get Cinderella wet, but that was lost on my DS) but we're glad not to be changing sheets at night, LOL. But in any case you should be fine for preschool.
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr C View Post
    We like the huggies Pullups rather than the pampers version mainly because of the velcro sides--especially if your DD tends to poop in them it'll make them easier to change.
    Oh that also. I love that the sides attach & come apart. You have to tear open the Pampers ones.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Pampers fit DD1 better. Natural Baby Care makes good ones too.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

DS is pt'ed, but we use Huggies dipes and Pull-ups for naps, nighttime, and long car travel. We stayed with the brand since we'd used Huggies for dipes and they'd worked for us. Also, they have Cars on them IIRC he's in a 4 dipe and a 2T-3T Pull-up (he's lightweight). The only difference I've noticed is that when DS does wet in the Pull-up his skin is much redder or even has a rash than it would be with a dipe. So unless it's an issue of ease of access we actually prefer to do a dipe than a Pull-up. He's got very sensitive skin so YMMV with that. I also feel like a Pull-up doesn't hold as much liquid and is prone to leaking sooner than a dipe (talking nighttime leaking here, not daytime).
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Thanks! I think I'll try the Huggies first, and go from there.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We use the Huggies because we buy them at Costco when they have the coupon in the flyer. I do like the velcro sides.

My younger DD is pretty slim and the size 3T/4T is quite generous on her. but the 2T/3T is tighter than she likes. I have used the Pampers version too, and they definitely fit more slimly that Huggies IMO.

I do not think they are as absorbant as regular diapers. So if she wets a lot at night, it may not work so well. My DD generally wakes up dry at night, but not always, but she is not a heavy wetter.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    We use the Huggies because we buy them at Costco when they have the coupon in the flyer. I do like the velcro sides.

My younger DD is pretty slim and the size 3T/4T is quite generous on her. but the 2T/3T is tighter than she likes. I have used the Pampers version too, and they definitely fit more slimly that Huggies IMO.

I do not think they are as absorbant as regular diapers. So if she wets a lot at night, it may not work so well. My DD generally wakes up dry at night, but not always, but she is not a heavy wetter.
    Thanks! Arwyn is a heavy wetter at night, but I am only planning to use them when she goes to school. Aren't they more expensive than regular dipes?

Arwyn has the tiniest butt, and no hips whatsoever, so I'm pretty sure 2/3 should fit.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast