Default Bed bugs at Disney Hotels

I started looking at hotels in WDW after I read about another BBB mama agonizing problems with them.

Below is the link for WDW hotels and the reports of bed bugs.

http://www.bedbugregistry.com/hotel/...y-World-Resort
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

I really don't know what to make of this. I've been listening to a lot of stories on bed bugs, since every news outlet seems to have decided to run them! Reading these, I wonder how many are bed bugs, and how many are just mosquito bites or something? I think now, anytime anyone stays in a hotel and finds a bite, they automatically think "bed bug!" I'm not saying they're NOT bed bug bites, but I think it's just natural that people hear about something a lot, and suddenly they have that condition.

Ugh, just the thought of BBs grosses me out! I do check bedding now when I go to a hotel. But who knows how much good that does.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The only reports that I thought were confirmed were at Pop, but I could be wrong. I think you take a chance anywhere you go, frankly. Check the beds and hope for the best.

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All the bedbug posts have been making me feel

I just read that one person said they were at BLT in June 2010. Although I do think they can end up any where. Doesn't it usually start b/c someone "brought them in" to the hotel room? Then of course the hotel should take measures to eliminate them but I wonder if these stories are like the "fly in my salad" to try and get their stay comp'd etc.

Any thoughts?

Bed bugs can be found in any hotel or any other place...not just Disney hotels. A Victoria's Secret store was shut down in NYC as a result of a discovery of bed bugs in its dressing rooms in July. Apparently, there has been a recent rise in bed bugs across the nation.
    Last edited by Tinkerbell313; 08-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieEthan View Post
    Bed bugs can be found in any hotel...not just Disney hotels. I think it is important to check the beds prior to using them.
    Apparently, they can be hiding in any crevise in the room- not just the beds. A favorite spot, apprently, is behind the headboards and any pictures on the walls (this video doesn't actually show the bedbugs , just where the exterminator is looking for them).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAqpq...eature=related
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here is a link to a Florida government agency database that I found more reliable: http://databases.sun-sentinel.com/ne...dbugs_list.php

It even gives room numbers and provides actual findings by inspectors. Sorry, I do not have time to search now!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieEthan View Post
    Bed bugs can be found in any hotel or any other place...not just Disney hotels. A Victoria's Secret store was shut down in NYC as a result of a discovery of bed bugs in its dressing rooms in July. Apparently, there has been a recent rise in bed bugs across the nation.
    All of the bed bug news freaks me out, but I keep reminding myself that it can be at any hotel, stores, schools, etc.. I know in cleveland, they have bed bug issues at one of the schools. Whenever we travel, I always take precautions, but at the same time you only have so much control over the situation.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here are 2 confirmed cases at Disney properties (you can click on the magnifying glass icon for details):

3/17/2010
    DISNEY`S BOARDWALK VILLAS
    2101 N EPCOT RESORT BLVD
    BAY LAKE
    Warning Issued
    Observed live vermin.1 bed bug found at room 4019.

1/5/2010
    DISNEY'S CARRIBBEAN BEACH REST
    900 CAYMEN WAY
    LAKE BUENA VISTA
    Warning Issued
    Observed live bed bug at room 3511.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    Here are 2 confirmed cases at Disney properties (you can click on the magnifying glass icon for details):

3/17/2010
    DISNEY`S BOARDWALK VILLAS
    2101 N EPCOT RESORT BLVD
    BAY LAKE
    Warning Issued
    Observed live vermin.1 bed bug found at room 4019.
    Thanks for the site, which seems a lot more legit than some of the other sites I've seen.

But, I have to say, I'm SO glad I didn't read this before our trip last October...to Boardwalk Villas. You can be sure I'll check it next trip.

(btw, this thread is really old, it got revived by a spammer early this morning...but I'm glad that PP posted the website. )
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!