Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I WOHM so I like Thursday or Friday since it means I enjoy a clean and fresh-smelling house all weekend.

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would choose Thursday mornings, since both kids are in school; it's a lot easier for them to clean without kids around. I would definitely choose weekly, if you can swing it. I have my house cleaned weekly and it definitely gets dirty by the time the next week rolls around.
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We're biweekly. Every week would be niced but then I'd have to do the mad dash to pick up every week. I'm normally out of the house when the cleaner comes, she's been doing our hosue for years so I have no issue with leaving her here with her crew. It's nice to not have to be out of the house a mornng a week. I can stay and I have, but it's more difficult for me to do what I want to do with them moving around me.

I vote for a time without as few kids as possible. When we DS is home with us, it's a little difficult to stay out of their way. Next week they're comign and the ILs will be here, so I need to have all of us out of the house.

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mine used to come on Thursdays every week which worked well and was still clean for the weekend. When DD was still napping, they came in the morning. I'd take the kids out somewhere when they were cleaning, then we'd come home for lunch and nap after they had left.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll shoot for Thursday, I think. I had to postpone tomorrow's interview because I forgot we had roofers coming and I didn't want them all at once .
    Kris

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we have weekly and on Friday but I am not sure that is the best day just has always been our day. There are pros and cons
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I have mine come every 2 weeks on Wednesday. It's perfect for us. The house is still clean on Friday for the weekend.
    Same here! We used to go to a bible study on Wed. mornings, so it was a bit of a challenge making sure everything was picked up, my homework was done, and I got all three DC fed, dressed, and out of the house when she came. This year, we will be taking DD to preschool, then heading out to do other activities while she's here. My study will be at night.

I would say to pick a day when you could find some things to do outside your house the whole time, even on cold wet days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2