Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Just checking in to say that I need to work by lists. Got going, but realized that some items in our coat-turned-toy closet were smelling funky - and there was a reason. Some of the gymbags/ etc had white spots on them. So...I cleaned out, bleached and reorganized that closet in the midst of doing the other stuff. I got about an hour in the morning to work before DS2 woke up, then we had lunch and went to see TS3. After that it was dinner, giving back our borrowed cat, bike-riding and bath time. Now I'm just exhausted. I'm going to make lists for DH. That's the only way stuff gets done around here.

Oohh...I know what I can do without moving...make all the new labels for the clear bins in the attic. Kris, what did you end up using for those? I like sticking white cardstock inside the box and taping it to the front. A huge list for the bins is waiting for me.

Still cranking along here. What I've discovered is that during the week, there really is not much time for getting stuff done. DH took the DC out for a few hours yesterday, and I made some headway. Then, I ended up getting a bunch of CL/ebay stuff folded and put into bins, and a lot of stuff ready for the attic. Now, there are 2 table tops of random small stuff to sort though. Still need to work on DSs' underbed storage.

And then...we hear a mouse this morning. Now I'll to deal with that before continuing on... waah.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I didn't end up with any new bins of stuff this last time! I have a pile in my bedroom, but they're all for the mom2mom sale in October, so they don't need to be labeled. I do need to go through them and make sure everything in there is sellable and folded nicely and maybe even sorted by size before I get there, but I'll probably wait until the end of the month.

I do have bins in the garage for Christmas, etc and I label 2 sides with a Sharpie on an index card.

I need to get some time to finish up this weekend, too. I still have a pile of empty bins in the dining room that need to go somewhere. I've used a bunch in the past couple of weeks though - I used some baskets to organize under the kitchen sink last week and it was nice to not have to buy anything! But, the bigger bins can just get stored for now.

Sorry about the mouse. Yuck on that!
    Kris

Oh, yes, the labeling.... I used 1/2 sheets (longways) of cardstock labeled with huge marks-a-lot marker or similar, stuck inside the clear bins. DH LOVES that I can send him into the attic with something and he knows where to put it. Well, if it a labeled bin. Still need to work on the "greater attic plan" when it cools off.

Do you have a place to stack the extra containers? I find them really useful in the sorting stage.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

The containers I have are random shapes and sizes it seems and don't stack/nest well. There are a few I"m just getting rid of because I don't like the tops. Others I'll keep and I'll try to keep some more handy than others. I have laundry baskets that I can use for sorting if I need to.

I'm hoping to get into DD's closet this weekend. It's huge and had lots of random things in it. We still have a book case in there and a lot of our stuff, but it's getting to where we can use it for her soon. It's around 10 feet by 6 feet deep. Crazy and I don't even know what to do to keep it neat when I get it cleaned.
    Kris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3