Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Question Uppababy Vista or BabyJogger City Select?

so i know that these 2 strollers have been compared before (i did a search) and i found great info in those threads. however i think my situation is a little different... i will have kids 15 months apart, so closer in age than usual i guess (i'm only 7wks along with dc #2, and i know it is waaay too early to be thinking about 2-kid strollers and all that, but still, it's hard not to try to plan ahead ). plus, i had already been thinking of getting a reversible AT type stroller for use just for DS anyway in the coming months, when the weather starts getting more bearable and we can use it for taking him to the zoo, parks, or just walks around the neighborhood. I do have a BJCM already which is nice but would like something with sturdier wheels, a bigger/more accessible basket, and a reversible seat option , and of course something that can later accommodate a 2nd baby.

anyway, at first i really wanted to get the UppaBaby Vista since i heard so many rave reviews about it here .i love how the seat is reversible, it has a great push, and tons of accessories come with it. i went to BuyBuyBaby and put DS in it and pushed DS around for a little and it was great. LOVE the huge basket (something missing on my BJCM for sure). though then the salesperson was talking to us and he mentioned the BabyJogger City select. he mentioned that might be a better option for kids closer in age. so now, i'm kinda torn between the two. i'm leaning towards the City select right now bc it seems a bit more versatile, but i don't know.

Vista

pros:
    -great push
    -relatively light
    -comes with tons of accessories (rain cover, mesh cover etc)
    -can use piggyback board as well
    -main seat seems "nicer" and can hold 50 lbs
    -main seat is relatively tall so ok for tall kids (so i've read)
    -main seat is suitable for use for young infants (i think they can be used since birth?)

cons:
    -comes with bassinet, which i'm not sure i'll use much at all (if dc#2 is anything like DS, wont' sleep well lying flat plus will outgrow bassinet within 6wks).
    - with bassinet attached, can't use the Rumble Seat (could use piggyback board, but i don't think DS will be old enough to ride it when DC#2 ismall enough to be in bassinet)
    -Rumble seat doesn't recline and cannot be reversed.
    -rumble seat only goes up to 35 lbs
    -if you get carseat adaptor and put infant seat there, not much room for kid in rumble seat

City Select

pros:
    -more room between the seats..in fwd facing mode, seats are "theater style" so kid in back doesn't have the back of front seat in his face. this is a big plus i think
    -LOTS of possible combinations with seats (are both reversible, etc). this is another big plus for me
    -cheaper (not by much though)
    -both seats are the same, hold up to 45 lbs
    -fold is great (trademark baby jogger fold! )

cons:
    -heavier
    -harder to push (so i've heard, i didn't try it)
    -reviews on carseat adaptors ($60 each) aren't great (are hard to install, ppl say they are kinda wobbly)
    -it says you can't use the regular seats until 6 months age (weird because they recline almost fully?). it doens't come with bassinet (that's an extra $89), so if you don't want to buy one you have no choice but to buy the carseat adaptor if you want to take an infant youngerthan 6mo
    -apparently you have to buy the second seat from the get-go just to use carseat (carseat adaptor kit isn't enough)

anyway, if anyone has any input/advice, i'd greatly appreciate it!! i tried looking up stuff on the website but still i had some questions. for example on Vista piggyback board, it didn't have a min. age for that, but i am assuming a 15-18month old would be too young to ride it, right?

oh and i already have a BJCM, a Mac Volo and Graco Snugrider. i plan on selling at least one of them once DC #2 arrives (probably BJCM). i guess the thing is right now i want an AT stroller with reversible seat that can later accommodate a 2nd kid. plan is to use on weekends for daytrips, trips to the mall, daily walks around the neighborhood, etc.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-23-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Hey, I missed that you are expecting your second. Congratulations!!!!

Can't help on the stroller, sorry.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Hey, I missed that you are expecting your second. Congratulations!!!!

Can't help on the stroller, sorry.

Catherine
    aw, thanks! i didn't mention anything about it on the boards until now. i am excited and freaked out at the same time.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

From what I've read, I'd choose the britax b-ready over both of those. Have you watched the baby gizmo videos and read the strollerqueen reviews for all of these? Magic Beans also has a good blog post on the b-ready.

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Congrats!

I agree with Legal Eagle. I would get the B-Ready because the second seat has a full recline. The Select seats are tiny and the frame is huge.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think the B-Ready is probably your best bet. I will be putting the Snugseat insert into my Vista, but my son is 22 months already.

Between those two, I lean towards the baby jogger, but the frame is sooo big

I might have to vote BReady as well

thanks guys! i saw the Britax B-Ready at BBB but i didn't try it out. hmm, so this week will try to check it out and try DS in it. just looking from the website stats of it, i really like the fact that i could get away without having to buy an infant seat adapter (we are planning to buy a new infant seat for DC#2 and keep the graco snugride for spare vehicle) and we could end up getting a britax chaperone so it would fit in easily).

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The B Ready looks like it will cause shin injury IMO. I'm usually a BJ fan, but I haven't played with the Select.

With 3 DC close together (18m each time) I really enjoyed the SBS models. Good thing you can wait until all the new models are out, reviewed and may be found at a discount.

Congratulations, BTW!!!!!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    The B Ready looks like it will cause shin injury IMO.
    Really? It looks about the same as the P&Ts in terms of shin clearance to me.

I personally prefer a SBS but if you want a single-to-tandem, b-ready seems to be the best of the lot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast