Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I pushed a B-Ready at a store with the second seat and did not hit the stroller at all. Having said that, I also prefer SBS doubles. Still, the B-Ready is really neat. Tons of legroom in the main seat, zippered basket, a comfy second seat with full recline and canopy and easy to push. The Select feels heavy to push even when empty.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got a quick look at the b-ready today - it's very nice! I'm 5'7" and didn't come even a little close to kicking the back - I wasn't even really conscious of it being in the way. My 37" & long-torsoed 2 year old DS fit great in the main seat (looks almost identical to the 2010 Vista seat which was right next to it at BBB) and fits ok in the bottom seat - near the top of the canopy but he didn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    I got a quick look at the b-ready today - it's very nice! I'm 5'7" and didn't come even a little close to kicking the back - I wasn't even really conscious of it being in the way. My 37" & long-torsoed 2 year old DS fit great in the main seat (looks almost identical to the 2010 Vista seat which was right next to it at BBB) and fits ok in the bottom seat - near the top of the canopy but he didn't complain.
    Glad you liked it! It tried my 42 inch 3 yo in the (main seats) 2010 Vista and the B-Ready and he had more legroom in the B-Ready. He has about the same headroom in both.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Yeah, I only popped him in the vista seat for a second since the baby was fussing. It definitely is WAY bigger than our 2008 vista seat where he basically has no head room at all. Sadly for me, no new strollers for a long while in the interests of preserving marital harmony.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone for all the advice. so i checked out the B-Ready today at BBB. i was worried about kicking the back too but it wasn't a problem (i'm 5'6"). DH is the same height so that works out. anyway, overall i like it. only think i didn't like as much were the wheels..don't seem as nice as the Vista's . i did push DS in the main seat and it seemed ok, but the wheels squeaked when i pushed it (but i guess that's not a big deal, wd40 would probably fix that).

also i really really like how the Britax Chaperone infant seat snaps right on to the thing...don't have to buy/use an extra carseat adaptor or anything. also like how the carseat can face forward or back (can choose depending on how much room DS would need in the second seat). also, i like how the 2nd seat reclines all the way, so it's suitable for a newborn. that way when we want to use it for walks around the neighborhood, i don't have to use the carseat or purchase a bassinet.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thanks everyone for all the advice. so i checked out the B-Ready today at BBB.
    I went to BBB on Friday and they claimed the B-Ready wasn't out yet... I hope they have it soon, I really want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    also i really really like how the Britax Chaperone infant seat snaps right on to the thing...don't have to buy/use an extra carseat adaptor or anything. also like how the carseat can face forward or back (can choose depending on how much room DS would need in the second seat). also, i like how the 2nd seat reclines all the way, so it's suitable for a newborn. that way when we want to use it for walks around the neighborhood, i don't have to use the carseat or purchase a bassinet.
    Well, you don't have to buy a carseat adapter if you buy the Britax chaperone, but the Britax chaperone costs more than the combi or graco snugride so it's the same $ either way as I see it.

Also, I've seen all over the place that this B-ready is great b/c the 2nd seat can take an infant... but the FIRST SEAT DOESN'T! So you still only have one seat accomodating an infant w/o a carseat...

Quote Originally Posted by shmeetz View Post
    Also, I've seen all over the place that this B-ready is great b/c the 2nd seat can take an infant... but the FIRST SEAT DOESN'T! So you still only have one seat accomodating an infant w/o a carseat...
    I had not noticed that but you are right! Their web page says 6 months and up! That is just dumb. Why can you not use the main seat in full recline?

BTW OP, just saw a Select in action yesterday at a park with two young babies (like 6 months old). The thing is super long and the nanny was having trouble steering it in grass with two young babies. If you are considering a Select, might as well get a SBS double!
    Last edited by arivecchi; 08-25-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeetz View Post
    I went to BBB on Friday and they claimed the B-Ready wasn't out yet... I hope they have it soon, I really want to check it out.

Well, you don't have to buy a carseat adapter if you buy the Britax chaperone, but the Britax chaperone costs more than the combi or graco snugride so it's the same $ either way as I see it.

yeah, but the britax chaperone seems like it would last longer (goes up to 35 lbs and 32" i think). ds only lasted about 4 mo in Snugride 22 (he's big for his age). btw, the cost really isn't so much an issue , i guess it just seems like it would snap in more securely than a carseat on an adapter.

oh and about how the first seat doesn't take a newborn, yeah i thot that was odd too. but at least one of the seats does (city select seats are *both* 6 mo and up). and i'm not bothered by that too much since i figured there is a good chance that oftentimes DS would not like riding in the 2nd seat anyway (since the main seat would block the view). so for walks around neighborhood, could have baby in second seat in full recline and DS in main seat. i figured a newborn would be more interested in snoozing that seeing stuff, so the compromised view is not so much an issue. and all though baby wouldn't be rear-facing, the baby would still be in main view of me (i could just look down at him/her).
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-25-2010 at 11:23 AM.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a Select. Love it. Both DDs ride comfortably. Lots of adjustability like leg/foot rest extension, canopy extension, etc. DD1 who is 3yo still has room and really likes riding in it. I'm petite...5'1" and 120lbs and have no problems pushing it with both girls and the basket loaded. DH is also in love with the stroller. We've taken it to the zoo, park, and mall with no problems. It lives in the trunk of my Ody. I will admit to putting DD2 in it before 6mos. It does fully recline but you really have to adjust the harness straps down all the way to get a snug fit on a smaller baby. I think they probably don't consider it a full recline because it is sort of a bucket style seat so the leg part is up at an angle instead of fully flat like a bassinet but DD2 was short enough that her legs didn't reach this part anyway so it's not like her legs were up in the air. LOL!

That said, the Select was a good choice for us because my girls are 2.5yr apart and we knew we'd get life out of this as a single after DD1 no longer wanted to ride in it. In your situation I'd be more inclined to look long and hard at a SBS.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I've never really understood why a seat like the vistas/b-ready is really an issue for a newborn, as long as it's reclined enough not to flop forward. At that age they have their legs curled up half the time anyway and it's not really any different than a car seat, angle wise. I think I must be the only bassinet hater around here, but I hated how DS1 would slide around in the vista bassinet if we were not walking on perfectly level ground and moved him to the fully reclined vista seat at 8 weeks or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast