Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Pin baby down with one leg across chest whole changing as fast as humanly possible
    This one works for me. DFs actually joke about it because they've witnessed it many times.
    One other tidbit, DS2 was a chronic ear infection guy, and the fits were much worse before he got his tubes. So, possibly, there was a connection with the pain there. He still does it but not to the insane degree.

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Since DD loves books I usually give her a little board book to hold onto and look at while I change her diaper. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it really just turns into a mini-wrestling match and trying to change the diaper as quickly as possible.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yup. It's like diapering and clothing a high strung octopus. I tell DD2 I'm going to give her the people's elbow (The Rock back in his WWE days).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use a toy or object my DD is interested in. She stops climbing and crawling away if I hand her something she likes.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At almost 2 DD's still throwing a fit when I try to change diapers. Sometimes I'm successful at re-directing her attention to a different object and she keeps quite for a few moment. But in her case, she has eczema so I have to apply layers of lotion at every diaper change. Its not quick as just changing the diaper.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

LOL, thanks for all of your suggestions. Today I tried some toys, including the mother of all toys--my cell phone. Things went a lot smoother today. Thanks!

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liamsmom View Post
    LOL, thanks for all of your suggestions. Today I tried some toys, including the mother of all toys--my cell phone. Things went a lot smoother today. Thanks!
    Yeah, usually the cell phone holds DDs attention the longest but ofcourse she does throw it when she's bored. Mine doesn't work as it should anymore.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2