Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Moms of Swaddlers babies: what are you doing after size 2?

We've been using Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers in size NB, 1, and now 2. They work really well for DD. I've heard that sz 3 Swaddlers (even the Sensitive kind) have Dry Max. So those (and Cruisers) are out for us. So what are the rest of you doing for size 3 and up?

Options:
    -- Pampers Baby Dry (didn't really like these with DD1 - many diaper rashes and leaks IIRC)
    -- Seventh Gen (confused about sizing since sz 2 Sev Gen seem to be as big as sz 1 Swaddlers, meaning I would probably have to get a 4? Seems too much of a jump after 2s.)
    --Earths Best (people on these boards seem to like them but I've never even seen them so not sure about sizing, fit, sensitivities or effectiveness. The amazon reviews make it sound like many babies really react to the corn or cellulose used in the dipes)
    -- Huggies (fit doesn't work for my skinny tall DD)
    -- Kirklands (we're not Costco members but could join I guess)

In the short term, I want to know so I can order some dipes with my amazon coupon this week! In the long term, we may end up doing Kirklands unless one of these others works really well for us. Thanks for your feedback!

for Sandy Hook

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So funny you posted this today. I went to order size 3 swaddlers sensitive with my coupon and noticed the picture of the box said Drymax. I used huggies pure and natural in the newborn size and liked them so I am trying those. I don't know If the huggies pure and natural fit any different than the other huggies though so I'm probably not helping all that much. 7th generation diapers do seem to run on the smaller side so maybe those in size 4 would work. Good luck!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Quote Originally Posted by Beth24 View Post
    So funny you posted this today. I went to order size 3 swaddlers sensitive with my coupon and noticed the picture of the box said Drymax. I used huggies pure and natural in the newborn size and liked them so I am trying those. I don't know If the huggies pure and natural fit any different than the other huggies though so I'm probably not helping all that much. 7th generation diapers do seem to run on the smaller side so maybe those in size 4 would work. Good luck!
    Thanks Beth - are the Huggies Pure and Natural the ones with Pooh on them? Is the sizing similar to Swaddlers? Thanks!

for Sandy Hook

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

With our oldest we used the old Cruisers. With the second, we started with Cruisers but went to Baby Dry. We've been happy with Baby Dry with #3 ever since he finished swaddlers. size 3 swaddlers weren't out, so maybe we just did 2-3 and went to BD size 3. He's in 4 now and doesn't leak.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know. I'm facing the same problem (although we have a bit more time). Huggies didn't work for us. I have tried Kirkland's and those worked okay, but I didn't like them as much as the Pampers.

OP, Costco.com will ship items to non-members for a 5% surcharge. Depending on how much you buy, it may or may not work out for you.
    http://shop.costco.com/Customer-Serv...aspx#Surcharge
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

When my DD outgrew the size 2 Swaddlers Sensitive, we switched to Pampers Baby Dry to avoid the DryMax issue. No problems so far, and we've been using them for the last 3 months.

We are switching to the Baby Dry. I tried the Kirkland brand and they are okay, but lots of leaks (they are exactly like Huggies, which also leak on my DD). Every baby seems to fit in diapers differently.

we had many leaks and blowouts with huggies and costco brand diapers. I switched to Luvs, they fit just like pampers and they are cheaper too. The only downside is perfume. If you do not mind the smell of baby powder, you might want to give these a try.

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD is very tall and thin.

Huggies and Luvs fit her best.

Well, we might give Baby Drys a second chance. Our last experience with them was 3 years ago with DD1, and they may have changed quite a bit. I certainly prefer them to Huggies, and we *really* didn't like Luv's (blowout at every single diaper change). Unless I hear an overwhelming recommendation for Earth's Best, it's Baby Dry!

BTW, is there a Swaddlers size 2-3? And is it with or w/o Dry Max?

Why doesn't Pampers just get rid of that darn Dry Max?????

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast