Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Recommendations on Pull Ups/ Training Pants

DD's 25lb, wearing Pampers Baby Dry #5 and we would be increasing to #6 soon. At night she's on Huggies night time diapers #5. And it still leaks at times.

I want to get training pants or Pull Ups. I'm assuming they're the same thing?

In terms of brands is one better than the other?
    What should I replace the night time diapers with?
    Lastly, what size... 2T?

Thank you.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For us we tried pull ups first with DD1 at about 2/1/2 and it didn't help her interest in the potty at all; she just kept peeing in them. We also put her in Hanna Andersson, and Gerber training pants during the day at the same time but again she just wetted them so we figured she wasn't ready. We put her back in diapers until she was really ready train which happened just around her 3rd birthday.

DD1 is still in pull ups at night, she is 35-36lbs and wears a 5 in the Pampers brand. We didn't do pull ups at night until DD was potty trained. Prior to her being potty trained and in diapers at night we did Huggies Night Times, but we also had good luck with Kirkland (Costco) diapers at night. I think you might want to size up on the night time diapers or try the Kirklands for all the time use.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)