Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Coca Cola Icees helped. The sugar and the thickness was much easier to get down for me.
    PB&J sandwhiches were my lifesaver for a long, long time.
    Rice with butter and salt, or noodles with butter and salt.

The unisom/b6 didn't help me and the unisom knocked me out....I took it at 8 pm and could not function the next day. It was horrible, and I also had 2 kids to take care of so that was out. I stuck it out for a long time (made it to 11.5 weeks) and finally asked for zofran and it was a LIFESAVER. Seriously, I was able to feel normal again!! I took it for about 6 weeks. Now I still feel a wave of nausea if i don't eat breakfast right away, but as long as I do that I have been fine without meds. I took 1-2 Colace with each zofran pill and I had no problems with constipation. I got the reco from the ladies on this board and that helped big time. Don't suffer!! If you can't get things under control don't be afraid to take the zofran.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

^thanx, i took a zofran this morning since i felt so sick and it REALLY helped. i didn't like taking it last pg but now with a baby to take care of i don't really have a choice. and yeah, taking it with 100mg of colace really helps. i find that zofran lets me have my appetite back so i can eat stuff, therefore i don't feel as weak/nauseous later.

Roni is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I like lemon drops for morning sickness. Also have you tried wearing Sea Bands?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I never had much morning sickness with DD1 and DD2 (pregnancy we lost, yes and I really don't remember what worked) and I remember reading something with DD1 to have a peanut butter spoon and saltines before going to bed and that helped with both pregnancies.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I agree with the PP who said protein - it really, really helped me in my second pregnancy (DD still nursing). A handful of almonds was easy enough to eat - no prep needed! When I let my stomach get empty, then nothing looked good and I didn't want to eat, but the longer my stomach was empty, the sicker I got. Good luck!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

I haven't read very far into your post, I just wanted to jump in and say congrats on your new little bun in the oven!!!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wonder what it is about sour candies? That helped me too. Particularly the hard sour candies that you can suck on for a long time, like lemon drops or sour jolly ranchers. That, and eating small amounts of food very frequently.

Re: the unisom, my ped didn't want me taking it while nursing as it can have a sedating effect in babies and there were concerns it could affect breathing. Now we were talking about a newborn then not an older baby, but I'm still not comfortable taking it - you might want to run it by your own ped before trying it.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone. good point abt the unisom, didn't think of that.

i WISH sour candies helped. that would be so easy. but they make it worse. only ones that were kind of okay were Preggie Pops, and only certain flavors like the lavender one (i guess bc they are all natural?). i will try them again.

and eating frequently helps , but its hard to stay on top of that when you have a baby who literally stands up and grabs whatever you are eating (he LOVES food ad when he sees it tries to grab it). now that my DH is here it's somewhat easier, bc he can entertain/watch DS while i have a chance to eat. and yeah, meals have to be high in protein, which usually take longer to prepare. plus, i have to eat a TON, since i'm nursing a 20lb baby. a think part of it is that i am literally sick of eating and it's hard to find foods that don't set me off or that i haven't gotten sick of already.

eta: tried sea-bands with last pg...don't think they did much except leave marks on my wrists. i still got sick a ton even wearing them constantly.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-28-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Preggy Pops saved my life. And I totally didn't think they would work. I thought they were gimicky so I tried all other kinds of hard candies. But the darn things worked! (Except the ginger ones, which was odd.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2