Default Question for mamas who use vinegar to clean

Do you put the vinegar in a spray bottle? If so, does the acidity corrode the sprayer? If you don't put it in a sprayer, how do you acutually use it to clean? What is your % of mixture with water? TIA! --Katherine

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It depends on the use but I usually do 1 part vinegar, 4 parts water, roughly. I haven't had problem with the sprayer. I add a few drops of essential oil for a nice scent. And I add about 1/2 teaspoon of Dr. Bronners castille soap.

For the kitchen, I spray the surfaces, let it sit for a few seconds, then wipe with a microfiber towel, or scrub with a sponge if necessary. I also mop floors with this solution.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

I use full strength vinegar (because I figure that maximizes it's disinfecting properties and it is cheap to start with). I keep it in plastic spray bottles, labelled with a sharpie. I've never had any problems with the bottles or sprayer part deteriorating.

Catherine

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I do 50/50 water and vinegar. Mostly I use it to clean countertops, floor, and windows. I haven't had a problem with corroding, but I think all the parts are plastic and rubber.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    I do 50/50 water and vinegar. Mostly I use it to clean countertops, floor, and windows. I haven't had a problem with corroding, but I think all the parts are plastic and rubber.
    No problems with corrosion....been using the same old Method spray bottle for a couple years now.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post

Thank you all so much for your help! I definitely need to find a healthy alternative to cleaning as DC is licking/chewing on everything!