Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking for a good toddler packpack

for a 4 year old for preschool. I really like this Skip Hop bag, but DD isn't sure she likes the owl. She LOVES blue, so we're also looking at this PBK bagin navy dots.

I highly recommend the toddler version from The Children's Place. They are large enough to hold a full-size folder (which, as a preschool teacher, I LOVE), and has a space for a lunch box if needed. It has two pockets for water bottles and two pockets for organization as well. It's small enough to be very comfortable for toddlers to wear. They're really cute too!

They are sold out online, but may have some available at stores.

Beth

No luck anywhere, and I don't want to pay shipping at PBK. Any other ideas? I checked target and kohls.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD1 has a Four Peas backpack http://www.fourpeasonline.com/index.php/cPath/24

She's had it about a year and it's really in very great condition. Holds a lot of stuff but is a good size for a toddler (she's 3). They are pricey but I think I got mine for $10...you can usually find them on sale.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I love our PBK toddler backpack that is no longer carried in the stores. I snagged 2 or 3 of them and have given them as gifts before before the stores stopped carrying them. I see them on ebay now.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pot....c0.m270.l1313

Elastic draw-string cord with simple velcro flap top. Just the right size for my tiny DS1. Fits about 2-3 changes of clothing. Papers would have to be folded, though.
    Wondermom

DS 1 8/2007
    DS 2 1/2010

I bought toddler backpacks from gap outlet. They are butterflies, mostly brown, but with some pink and orange. I really like them because they're not the cotton candy most girls stuff is. I believe they were <$20.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oh, for a 4yo? A 2yo would need something dif't than a 4yo, imo. But a 4yo would do great with a LL Bean Jr backpack.

Beth

The LL Bean Jr. backpack is awesome. My Kindergartner uses one (he's 5) and loves it. It fits his lunchbox, snack, and school projects. He's used it on a camping trip too, it holds up well. I only wish it had a side bottle pocket, but other than that, it's really nice and something he can pass down to his little brother.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I saw the navy dot one at preschool this morning. It was cute. Have you looked at the LE tiny take or small haul?

We have a LE preschool backpack from a couple years ago that DD will use for a while. Then, when she needs to be able to stuff her fleece in it AND papers, we'll move to this one that was $18. We got the matching lunchbox as well, which will clip on the outside of both packs. http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...-394815-_-http
    All the reviews say it is much smaller than expected, but a poster here said it was too big for her 1st gr. daughter. I'm glad we have the smaller size to use most of the time as well as the ability to upgrade when we need more space.

Those are cute! I love the PBK, but I just can't see spending that much money. She picked out a FUGLY backpack tonight at Target, but I think I'm taking it back and ordering something else. We had a meet the teacher night tonight and they requested a regular sized backpack to fit a folder, change of clothes, and lunch box. I actually did order the Skip Hop bag, but it wouldn't ship until October so I canceled it. Still deciding.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast