Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Favorite natural diaper cream?

We use, and love, Burt's Bees diaper cream for DD2. We use it prophylactically, and DD2 has never had a diaper rash. (Well, she did once when she had an overnight poopy diaper, and Dessitin cleared it right up.) Only problem is - it's really expensive! The cheapest I've seen it is $8 for a 3 oz tube. Ouch! We've been through about 3 of those tubes so far. Anyone have a recommendation for an effective but natural diaper cream (preferably without fish oil) that contains zinc oxide - and is less expensive than BB? Or a source for Burt's Bees cream that is cheaper, perhaps purchased in bulk? Thanks for any leads!

for Sandy Hook

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is a local store near me..... But I think its a 2 ounce tube but if you call they may have a bulk rate.

https://www.thecheeseshopva.com/shop...66&ItemID=4372
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tmahanes View Post
    This is a local store near me..... But I think its a 2 ounce tube but if you call they may have a bulk rate.

https://www.thecheeseshopva.com/shop...66&ItemID=4372
    Yep, that's the 2 oz tube. Our local natural food co-op sells it for about the same price. Good idea about looking for it in bulk.

for Sandy Hook

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For the most part, we're a Desitin household, but recently started using Boudreaux's Butt Paste because I started worrying about one or another ingredient in the Desitin. I'd rather not worry.

You can get it in the same sized tub as Desitin but it costs more. It's 16% zinc oxide plus castor oil, "Peruvian balsam" and some other stuff. (At our Target, it's $16.99 for the tub versus $11.99 for the tub of Desitin.)

Smells about the same as the Burt's Bees stuff, too.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Boudreux has a "natural" one we use and like. I frequently see $1 off coupons for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Green22 View Post
    Boudreux has a "natural" one we use and like. I frequently see $1 off coupons for it as well.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is there any reason you are using it all the time? Odds are you really don't need it. It'd be worth experimenting. We had a few rashes here and there when ds2 had an upset stomach and cleared it up but he never got one otherwise. I know boys don't have as many folds and nooks so maybe I would use it with girls. I used Butt Paste or Triple Paste when needed.

Beth

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Butt Paste. We have the regular one, but once we are done with it we will try the natural. We only use it when one of the girls had a bad rash. We also use 1% hydrocortizone.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-31-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We use Magic Stick by Grobaby (I think the company name has changed though since we purchased ours).

It seems a bit more spendy ($13.95) than other diaper ointments, but we've had ours since DD3 was born 6 months ago and there is still half a stick left. I start using it if I detect any redness and haven't had any problems with rashes. My favorite thing about it, though, is that I don't have to dip my fingers in any goop. It looks very much like a deodorant stick and it is applied to baby's bum directly from the stick.

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Stick-Na.../dp/B002RT8OQE

We use Earth Mama Angel Baby Butt Balm.

We use it on everything from bug bites to cuts and bruises.

We love it. It's a bit pricey but the jar lasts forever for us.

We don't put anything special on her if there isn't any warrant for it though which is probably why it lasts us forever.
    Last edited by pantrygirl; 08-31-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast