Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default stroller with buggy board

My BJCSD was stolen and I need to get a new stroller for my 4 and 6 year old since we walk long distances. The problem is I cannot afford to replace the BJCSD so I would like to get an all terrain jogger type with a buggy board.
    Which is the best stroller and buggy board to get. Is there a certain type of buggy board that is good? I was thinking of getting a BJCS single. Also where can i find the best deal on a good all terrain stroller and which ones work well with buggy boards.

thanks,
    ashley

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That stinks. Honestly, I am not sure a buggy board would work for a 6 yo. I think he/she would be too tall and get in your way. Can you find a used Baby Jogger, Bob or Mountain Buggy double on craigslist?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I don't know what the budget is but I found this:

http://www.stroller.com/city-classic...ogger-red.html

Any decent single with air tires plus buggy board will run you pretty close to that amount. You can recoup a good amount when you sell it.

Another option:

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...tan-sport.html
    Last edited by arivecchi; 08-30-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

which model is this? just out of curiousity whats better about the elite? this is a great deal. thank you.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry your BJCSD was stolen! I would be crying. Could your 6yo ride a bike next to you? I love that single Arivecchi linked. You'll love the improvements to the Elite model.

So sorry to hear that! Hope you can find a good deal on your CL. You could also maybe post a wanted ad, and describe your situation...

I see similar ads, sometimes they make me wonder, if the person is telling the truth or not (so many mistakes in these - not that I'm an English teacher, lets' count my own mistakes...) But if you write an honest and reasonable ad - who knows, maybe someone cuts you a great deal!

Just one thing: how much does your oldest weigh? There is a weight limit on buggy boards, even on the "maxi" one (I think it's 45 lbs?)
    Arivecchi or someone! We need your input

Also, could your children take turns to use the stroller? One walks, one is in there, then switch...

Can you claim the stroller on your homeowners/rental insurance?

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions and the links. I am nervous that if I get a single stroller my kids will constantly be fighting over it. I like the link for the red BJCSD but do you know what model this is and how it compares to the elite double? does it have the foam handle that falls apart like mine does? It's a great deal and I'm leaning towards that. My 6 year old weighs around 45 pounds so I guess the buggy board is not an option.

unfortunately I do not have homeowners/renters insurance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast