Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

On our kitchen (vinyl) I use a Colorox ready mop; on the laminate wood in the basement, I use a Method o-mop with Good For Wood.
    DS1 - Oct. '09

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Water + vinegar, and we use a microfiber mop. We just toss the microfiber part in the washer afterwards and air dry. I've been thinking of getting the Bona system, but this setup works well for us. For everyday cleaning I keep the vinegar solution in a spray bottle, spray the floor, let it sit for a few seconds and then mop.
    I also have the Envirosteamer, but I don't use it everyday. I really like it, and highly recommend it.

ETA: For our hardwoos I also use the steam mop, and the damp microfiber mop (water + vinegar)
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemomz View Post
    Hot water + vinegar folks--what kind of mop do you use?
    Libman wonder mop.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm bumping this because I was browsing the cleaning section of Target this afternoon and I found this:

https://www.rubbermaidreveal.com/

Has anyone used this? It seems like the perfect solution for me...a spray mop that allows me to use any cleaning solution I want.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I'm bumping this because I was browsing the cleaning section of Target this afternoon and I found this:

https://www.rubbermaidreveal.com/

Has anyone used this? It seems like the perfect solution for me...a spray mop that allows me to use any cleaning solution I want.
    I found something similar:

http://www.libman.com/products.aspx#/Mopping/ (the Freedom Spray Mop, first one listed)

These look like good options... I'm curious to hear if anyone uses one like either of these.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

I found something similar:

http://www.libman.com/products.aspx#/Mopping/ (the Freedom Spray Mop, first one listed)

These look like good options... I'm curious to hear if anyone uses one like either of these.
    I'll have to see if Target has that and price compare. I like this idea!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I'll have to see if Target has that and price compare. I like this idea!
    Let me know what you find out... I'm on my way to Sam's club, will see what they have! (You know you're a grown up when you get really excited about a new, potentially really cool cleaning product. )
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

Let me know what you find out... I'm on my way to Sam's club, will see what they have! (You know you're a grown up when you get really excited about a new, potentially really cool cleaning product. )
    Ha ha, I'm pretty excited too. It'll be a few days before I get a chance to get it, but I'll report back with a review.

Bumping this again because I did in fact stop at Target last night for the Rubbermaid Reveal mop and used it on our kitchen (linoleum) and den and hall (wood) floors.

So far, I like it. You can use any cleaning solution you want (I used Method's wood floor cleaner but didn't love that---going to try Bona next), and the trigger spray does not require batteries. The spray covered a decent-sized area, and the mop head did a good job even though I didn't sweep/dust the floors first (note: I didn't have any big messes to clean, the floors just needed a general wash). The mop head does not have a scrubber part, so that's a slight negative. But it is washable and reusable, and came out of the machine looking fine. I bought an extra refillable solution bottle and mop head, so that I can use a different solution for the bathroom floors, and swap the solutions when needed. Mopping was fast and easy.

Target also had the Libman Freedom mop that boogiemomz posted about. This was $5 less than the Rubbermaid, and had a $5 rebate sticker attached. BUT the mop heads were ~$2 more expensive and I did not see any additional refillable solution containers for purchase (and looking on their website, it seems that they are not available). Also, the Libman mop head can be reused 50 times, and the Rubbermaid mop heads can be reused 100 times.

If anyone else uses/has used one of these mops, please add your review. I'm curious!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2