♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default it's Murphy's Law.

of course, now that i'm starting feel like crap and am needing to rest, my son (who used to nap well) has decided he doesn't like to nap much. his naps now last only long enough to toss a load of laundry in the washing machine or grab *something* to eat so i don't hurl. today for both his naps, he slept a grand total of 30 minutes, each time.

however, yesterday, when the sitter was here, his afternoon nap lasted 1.5 HOURS. WTF.

all the afternoons the sitter has been here (about 5-6 times total), he napped 1.5-2 hours. so basically, half the time i pay a sitter to come he is sound asleep..argh!! she doesn't do anything different than what i do, just puts him in his crib when he starts to feel tired.

whereas, all other times when i'm by myself and need the extra rest, his naps last 30, 45 minutes MAX.

this is so unfair. it's like he KNOWS this and does this just to torture me.

that is all.

DD is the same. She naps beautifully at daycare now (3 1 to 2 hours long nap) but on the weekends, she sleeps in 30 minute incriments. It drives me crazy and I'm not pg, I can't imagine doing this in that fun first trimester. I am sending sleepy vibes to your LO.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Same here. Kids nap 2 hours. Every day. At daycare. Last weekend DD1 napped for 30 minutes. On both days. DD2 napped only an hour.

Your DS is just trying to maximize his time with Mommy

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanx you guys. glad to hear i'm not the only one. it's just so funny how it works out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Your DS is just trying to maximize his time with Mommy
    aw, that's a cute way to think about it. i'll keep reminding myself of this, everytime i hear him wake up just as i'm finally sitting down to rest. hehe
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 09-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.