Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have to disagree. My SNG was invaluable with a kid in school and an infant born in the fall in the midwest. I pretty much used it for school drop off/pick up only. It was great to be able to have the baby covered in the car seat and just pop it on the SNG for the five minutes we had to be outside. It was not my main stroller, though.

Maybe there should be a disclaimer about using it for extended periods of time.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, I will go against the grain...
    although I am very against keeping babies strapped into car seats for long periods of time and when they are not travelling in a car.
    I LOVED my snugrider it & my snugride32 lived in our foyer. We park our cars out on the street in front of the house & being able to put everything I needed into the basket & strapping DS into the carseat in the comfort of our house & then pushing it out onto the porch, down the walk & to the sidewalk right by the van door worked well for me. I'd snap the snugrude into the base & toss the snugrider into the back of the van & reverse the process when we got home. The car seat never got hot or cold, I would only have to make one trip to & from the car. I used the snugrider/snugride32 this way for 12 months.
    Now, not everyone would get this kind of use out of it & I agree that it would not be good for use as a stroller stroller, but not everyone using a snap 'n go is misusing it & it keeps people from buying travel systems!

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    I have to disagree. My SNG was invaluable with a kid in school and an infant born in the fall in the midwest. I pretty much used it for school drop off/pick up only. It was great to be able to have the baby covered in the car seat and just pop it on the SNG for the five minutes we had to be outside. It was not my main stroller, though.

Maybe there should be a disclaimer about using it for extended periods of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    although I am very against keeping babies strapped into car seats for long periods of time and when they are not travelling in a car.
    I LOVED my snugrider it & my snugride32 lived in our foyer. We park our cars out on the street in front of the house & being able to put everything I needed into the basket & strapping DS into the carseat in the comfort of our house & then pushing it out onto the porch, down the walk & to the sidewalk right by the van door worked well for me. I'd snap the snugrude into the base & toss the snugrider into the back of the van & reverse the process when we got home. The car seat never got hot or cold, I would only have to make one trip to & from the car. I used the snugrider/snugride32 this way for 12 months.
    Now, not everyone would get this kind of use out of it & I agree that it would not be good for use as a stroller stroller, but not everyone using a snap 'n go is misusing it & it keeps people from buying travel systems!
    These uses make sense, but I think the BB book recommends to only buy a SNG and not to buy another stroller at all for the first 3+ months so unless you are very committed to babywearing these limited uses would likely be only the beginning of extended usage for most readers/buyers. Right?

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i complete agreed that the infant buckets are over used, and it was a hot topic in my family. my mother could not believe i refused to get one, and she even offered to pay for it. we started in a britax marathon and the cam or the moby wrap, and we just cover the seat with a thick white towel when it is hot out.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post
    i complete agreed that the infant buckets are over used, and it was a hot topic in my family. my mother could not believe i refused to get one, and she even offered to pay for it. we started in a britax marathon and the cam or the moby wrap, and we just cover the seat with a thick white towel when it is hot out.
    Did you have a really big baby? Most kids don't fit in the Marathon from birth. (Dare I offer more car seat advice/commentary? )

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    Yeah, I think that's where it can be just one of many awesome options (and cheaper and with a bigger basket than a Bugaboo or Vista).. while it makes me a tad ill to see a 6mo baby being pushed along in an SNG on our suburban walkways for hours at a time, it can be a super-convenient tool for more-urban parents or folks with older kids to get to and from school and activities. I tend to recommend them to people with very small trunks (and point out the maclarens for 3 months and up, of course )

But I also always point out that the full sized strollers at BRU can all recline flat for a newborn and that you don't HAVE to keep them in the carseat all the time for walks and long days out.

Not sure why our lame low end store can't have Baby Joggers, P3's and Zippys, or whatever other great strollers are out now that I'm stuck in Quattro Tour land and can't keep up
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Yeah, I think that's where it can be just one of many awesome options (and cheaper and with a bigger basket than a Bugaboo or Vista)..
    What drives me nuts though are the parents who buy the Vista and then use it as a SNG all day long!!! Grrrr.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Well, since yesterday was the first day my 4 month old rode in a stroller (Zippy), I am the dissenting voice that would agree with that recc - *but* only because we use baby carriers for 90% of our trips. The remaining 10% by car sometimes end up with a sleeping baby, and the carseat frame is so easy in that scenario. I also like it when traveling. But if you mainly use a stroller to cart your baby around, she deserves a comfier ride than her car seat!

for Sandy Hook

I know that my situation was unusual. But I used the double SNG. I had two tiny babies who barely fit in car seats, let alone a regular stroller, and I couldn't baby wear. I needed a big basket to keep Ds oxygen tank. They were only allowed to go to doctors appointments, so they weren't riding in them constantly. So...don't judge me!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I recommend the SNG to new parents, b/c around here most buy graco, evenflo, cosco travel systems. HOWEVER, I also recommend a good sling and carrier as well. DS1 was my only child who was ok in his carseat, but I knew not to keep him in it too much, so we made an effort not to abuse it. DS2 and DS3 hated being in their carseats when they were rear facing (DS3 is still rear facing and barely tolerates his seat), so unless I wanted to sit there and listen to them scream, they are/were in their infant carseats only when necessary. I always see these moms though with sleeping babies in their infant carseats and wonder how come mine never slept like that in their infant carseats.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast