Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MaiseyDog View Post
    T

Also, here is the list of medications that the FDA recommends to flush

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesFo....htm#MEDICINES
    Wow, I'm so shocked that Oxycontin is on the flush-able list!

I'm another who hates just throwing stuff away if someone could (appropriately) use it. I donate my unused (expired or not) meds in their original bottles to Project Cure, including fertility meds, syringes, and needels. I've done volunteer work for them a couple times sorting medical supply donations and they're also in need of medications that they ship to developing countries.

I'm in AZ and they have a few facilities elsewhere also. If you're inclined to donate to them or a similar organization they did need me to have them delivered to their office (my mom brought them in for me) rather than allowing their volunteer or other drivers to have any responsibility or access to them. I also gave them surgical boots from my foot surgeries, and a bunch of other things as I was cleaning house. I gave a couple nebulizers to another group I work with who works with families in temporary housing.

http://www.projectcure.org/

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa928 View Post
    Any pharmacy should take it back. Obviously not for money back or to reuse, but to dispose of.
    Not really. Very few pharmacy around here have disposal programs. We only found a couple when we had a mass of pills to get rid of after my mom died- cancer drugs, heavy duty pain meds, chantix and her epilepsy meds. My husband's pharmacy does not have a disposal program.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3