Default Painful lump in armpit

I have a small painful lump (moveable) in my armpit, closer to my breast. As gross as it sounds, I'm waiting to see if it heads into an ingrown hair or something, but what nefarious things should I be watchful for in case it doesn't (fever, redness)? I have heard vague rumors of plugged ducts during pregnancy, but without any fever or achiness, is it just a wait-and-see thing? I'm certain my OB would tell me to just watch it until I get accompanying symptoms.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

I had mastitis when I was 16 weeks. It happens. For me, it was being stubborn about not going up a bra size, and exercising while wearing two sports bras to prevent friction. I had a fever and the affected breast was swollen and had a bright red patch where ithurt the most.

I'd call your OB. Mine was concerned--but she said mastitis/clogged ducts are "more normal" in the third tri, and I was just starting the second. She wanted me to come in for an exam. I'd call yours and see what she thinks.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree with the PP, I recommend you call your OB.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.