AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Question size 2 diapers and other diaper dilemmas?

How long did your baby stay in size 2 diapers? I believe DD1 made it to 5 or 6 mos., but for the life of me I can't remember exactly. DD2 is 13lbs, 3 oz., and is 25" long.

DD2 has eczema, was allergic to the detergent the diaper service was using, and got a rash from Pampers Swaddlers w/dry max.

DD2 is currently in size 2 7th Gens., but I have a feeling she isn't going to last that much longer in them so I cancelled the subscribe & save I had through Amazon. I think that the size 3s are going to be too big so I need something in between. I'd eventually like to get her into Kirkland diapers (but they don't have a true size 2) because they are more economical than the 7th Gen., and esp. if DD2 doesn't have reactions to the KS brand (DD1 didn't) it seems like a good way to save some cash.

So here are my options, rants or raves would be appreciated:
    **Huggies Snug N Dry (I did try these with DD1, but it was instant wetness and she'd take the diaper off immediately; now of course DD2 can't do this, but just a tad concerned if there is too much moisture, kwim? At least I can get them at Costco, and return if they don't work)
    **Huggies Pure & Natural (tried these in size 1 and they worked fine, but I looked at the size 2 diaper (there was an open box at Target) and it looked to be the same size as the 7th Gen. one.
    **Huggies Little Movers
    **Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive (although there are boxes marked w/dry max, and without).

TIA
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

You might want to check out the thread below, from a couple weeks ago, if you haven't already. Fwiw, we used Pampers pre-dry max swaddlers for DS, he was in size 2 until he turned 7 mos and weighed 17-18 lbs. At the time I searched high & low for the old Swaddlers size 2/3, b/c he seemed in between sizes. We tried almost every diaper there is for size 3, and ended up going with Pampers Baby Dry. Now he's 11 mos and 21-22 lbs and still wearing them.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=369324

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm embarassed to say that in addition to the thread above, I had another thread called "how long did your baby stay in sz 2 diapers?" or something like that. Annie, we are both a little loca in the diaper department. Here's the link to that thread:
    http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=368218

My DD2 is just 13 lbs, but the sz 2 Swaddlers Sensitive fit her great. We have one unopened mega box (152) and I don't think I want to stock up on more sz 2s at this point. If you buy Swaddlers (which we love love love) make sure you get the Sensitives, without Drymax. Amazon.com sells these.

After she is done with this box of sz 2s, which will probably be in a month, I am going to try the Nature Babycare sz 3s, which are supposed to run small. You could try 7th Gen sz 3, since they are pretty much a whole size smaller than Swaddlers. Then we plan to try Earth's Best sz 3. If neither of those works, we'll probably go to Pampers Baby Dry or Kirklands.
    Last edited by citymama; 09-07-2010 at 07:02 PM.

for Sandy Hook

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD (almost 6 months) is just shy of 15# and is in 3 Pampers Baby Dry. She has been for a little while. My kids must all be longer than wide because we always have to move up because the diapers seem like "low rise" long before they reach the recommended weight... "low rise" plus poo do not a good combination make.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I'm embarassed to say that in addition to the thread above, I had another thread called "how long did your baby stay in sz 2 diapers?" or something like that. Annie, we are both a little loca in the diaper department. Here's the link to that thread:
    http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=368218

My DD2 is just 13 lbs, but the sz 2 Swaddlers Sensitive fit her great. We have one unopened mega box (152) and I don't think I want to stock up on more sz 2s at this point. If you buy Swaddlers (which we love love love) make sure you get the Sensitives, without Drymax. Amazon.com sells these.

After she is done with this box of sz 2s, which will probably be in a month, I am going to try the Nature Babycare sz 3s, which are supposed to run small. You could try 7th Gen sz 3, since they are pretty much a whole size smaller than Swaddlers. Then we plan to try Earth's Best sz 3. If neither of those works, we'll probably go to Pampers Baby Dry or Kirklands.
    How did I miss that diaper post???

Thank you all for the help with the diapers.

I ended up just getting a package of the Huggies Pure & Natural as Wal Mart didn't have any size 2 Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, but I think I am just going to order a box of Pampers through Amazon to get us through the next month and then hopefully she'll do okay in the Kirklands or it will be back to 7th Gen. (and maybe cloth fitteds too for most of the time!) .
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We moved DD to size 3's around 5 months. She was outgrowing the length of the size 2's and started to leak. When we moved up to 3's, we also made the switch from Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive to Pampers Baby Dry, since the Swaddlers above size 2 have dry max. She is now 8.5 months and the size 3's seem like they will fit for awhile.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infocrazy View Post
    DD (almost 6 months) is just shy of 15# and is in 3 Pampers Baby Dry. She has been for a little while. My kids must all be longer than wide because we always have to move up because the diapers seem like "low rise" long before they reach the recommended weight... "low rise" plus poo do not a good combination make.
    This is us too. I think DD2 switched to size 2 by 11 lbs and will probably be ready for sz 3 by around 14 or 15 lbs by height.

I just did a search and found an old, old post of mine from 2006 (!!) where I said I needed to switch DD1 from sz 2 to sz 3, and she was around 6 months then, and 15 lbs. I love that these boards are serving as a personal archives - great for anyone with mommy brain!

for Sandy Hook