Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How long can LO sleep in PNP--on trips?

We have the Arms Reach co-sleeper, if it makes any difference. I figure there's prob a weight limit, but can't find it. But when in general are kids too big for these--to sleep in? We only use it for travelling, but I'm wondering how much longer we can do that. And what do you do then? If she's not ready for a bed yet?

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Maybe 18-24 months for us?
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My ds2 is a peanut and slept in his on a recent trip. He is 33mo.

Beth

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, DD is 3+ and asked to be in her PNP on a trip we took a few months ago. She is small for her age, though.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS2 is not huge but def. not small for his age and will still sleep in PNP on trips. He will be 3 in a few weeks.
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The weight limit on our pack n play is 30 pounds and 35 inches and we stopped using it when DD was around 22 months old because she was too heavy, too tall and wouldn't sleep well in it (she is a sprawler). We got the Baby Bjorn Travel crib and it has been working really well. The mattress sits on the ground so there is no weight limit and the surface area of the mattress is significantly bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh View Post
    The weight limit on our pack n play is 30 pounds and 35 inches and we stopped using it when DD was around 22 months old because she was too heavy, too tall and wouldn't sleep well in it (she is a sprawler). We got the Baby Bjorn Travel crib and it has been working really well. The mattress sits on the ground so there is no weight limit and the surface area of the mattress is significantly bigger.

The mattress is several inches longer than the PNP mattress (and much more comfy). DD has refused to sleep in her PNP since, um, forever, so with some travel coming up, we bought the Bjorn travel crib. Not being in a crib is NOT an option for her! The Bjorn has been great - she will happily get into it at night, and so far has slept well in it. She cried when we had to pack it up last time!! She's almost 22 mos, and is pretty small for her age, but still has lots of room left in it.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD1 made it to just past 2 before she started climbing out, so she was about 30lbs.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS slept in what we called one at age 3 years 3 months, he was about 34 lbs, average size. He was still in his crib at home and on vacation at my dad's house I didn't want him in a bed.

We brought out the old PNP, really made him excited about his "travel bed" and he slept wonderfully in it.

I'm not sure what the weight limit is, but it's an old Evenflo, weighs a ton and I think I could sleep in that sucker!

Co-sleepers have higher weight limits than PnPs. A lot of twin moms get them because of that. Me included!

One DD will be sleeping in ours next week at WDW. They are small 27 month olds.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast