Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Bras

Default Nursing Bras

Ok - I think I probably know the answer to this question but will ask anyway.

Is there any reasonable way to guesstimate the change in breast size when your milk comes in? One of Target's daily deals is a nursing bra and of course it is size specific instead of a general s-xl.

Have grown about a cup size over the course of the pregnancy and was hoping to be able to reasonably guess what sizes could work to save some $$. Pipe dream?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Possible pipe dream. Plus, I changed size during the course of my nursing. I was bigger the first 2-4 months then stabilized 1 cup size lower for the duration (pre-pregnancy size, in fact).

Beth

target has a 3 month return policy - so if your due date is before then, buy and keep tags on. before the 3 month mark, you can print your return receipt if needed.

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I remember buying ahead with my first pregnancy. The lady at Motherhood told me to buy 2 cup sizes up from my pregnancy size and I thought she was nuts. Turns out she was right...I wore that size for several months then went down a cup size for the rest of the time I nursed.

I get huge while pregnant but once my milk supply is steady, I'm only about a half cup size bigger than pre-preg. 34C/D when not nursing, 38DD-E max when pregnant, 34D/DD by 3 months PP.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When are you due? If you're still many months away, don't even bother. If you're due next month, sure, you could estimate, hang on to receipts and tags and return or exchange for size if they don't fit.

I find the Target nursing tanks to be really comfy and not restrictive. Size-wise, I was able to buy the same as my regular size - small - and it fit fine. By contrast, the Sz Medium in Glamourmom seems a tad tight on me. I know you're looking at bras, not tanks, so this might not be as relevant to you!

for Sandy Hook

Great info! Will order a couple of different sizes and hope something works. Worst case will just return as it is free shipping.

I'm due at the end of next month so will have time to return (or someone else will!)
    Last edited by marymoo86; 09-08-2010 at 03:49 PM.

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just ordered one! Now I get to take back the one I bought in the store for full price last week.
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

both times I've gone from a solid B (not pregnant/nursing) to a solid D. The nursing bras I have are very stretchy and easily accomidate my varied size (full of milk vs. empty)

I personally have not found the target nursing bras to be as comfortable as other nursing bras I've tried on or worn. My current favorite are the Bravado nursing bras I have.
    I do love their nursing tanks though and have quite a few!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Pre-Baby #1 I was a B cup. Went up to a C-D cup during pregnancy and stayed that way for first several months of nursing. Cup size depended on how recently the kid had eaten. Post nursing, became an A cup. With baby #2 went back to a C-D cup while pregnant and for the first few months of nursing and later in nursing went back to closer to an A cup.

I LOVE the target nursing tanks... and thought that I needed a real bra but they provide plenty of support and much needed coverage. They were fine when I was a D and now are fine when I am an A. So think about trying one or two of those.
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast