Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    JMS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, we put it off and put it off (DH's friend is even an Urologist) and then got pregnant DC #3.. so no more putting off. He had the V done before I gave birth to lessen the margin of error
    JMS
    Mommy to DD "HH" 2004
    and DS1 "MH" 2005
    & DS2 "JJH" - My very Irish baby!

i can't get pregnant without IVF so the BC is built in.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH is plenty willing but I will be making him wait until after DD1 is born and everything is good. I am interested in Essure--the new permanent b/c method for women. It sounds quick and painless. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it here.
    K

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH is getting his done on Tuesday! Wahoo!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Absolutely...about 2 weeks after DD2 was born. We are taking NO chances!!!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DH has offered to get one and I'm all for it. Not sure what he's waiting for...I guess our life is a little crazy right now.

OP, your *parents* suggested your DH get a V? I don't think I could talk to mine about birth control!

And SnuggleBuggles, I'm also reeling from your DH nixing the V for those reasons. Although it's happened to others before, I can't quite wrap my head around that conversation!

for Sandy Hook

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH is totally willing to get one, but I have asked him to wait. Heaven forbid something happens to one of our children, we both agree that we want DC to have a sibling. In that situation, we would try for one more. It's a weird consideration, I know, but I feel strongly that they each have a sibling to rely on/grow old with. We both are close to our own siblings and really wish the same for the two of them.
    Last edited by baymom; 09-11-2010 at 01:10 AM.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not yet. He said he would but I just had a Mirena put in on Friday. That'll give us 5 years to be sure we are absolutely done.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

My DH is a SAHD. He literally sprinted to the urologist office after DD was born!
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Even vascectomies aren't 100%, are they? Stats are 99.9% though. If you really don't want to get pg then he should get one and you should do something. I have a copper IUD. Dh changed his mind on a vasectomy and didn't get one. He wasn't comfortable doing it b/c he is young and life might make it so he wants more kids in the future (with me or with someone else if something happens in our relationship). He's the one more against more kids now than me so if I get pg it'll be his fault anyway since I have my end covered.

Beth
    I am not comfortable asking dh to get one for those reasons. If he decides on his own that he wants one, then we will discuss it, but it will not come from me. (I understand that many people see this as odd, but it is definitely how I feel about it.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast