Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Question best swaddling blankets?

I'm not into the ones with velcro and the miracle blanket didn't work out well with our DS. I'm wondering what other options there are, aside from the A&A ones. I'm leaning towards the Swaddle Design swaddling blankets, but they are a bit pricey. I have a 4-pack of Just born swaddling blankets, but wonder whether I should consider other better swaddling blankets.

What are the brands you prefer for swaddling blankets? Thank you in advance! I'm looking for something soft, durable, doesn't pill, and swaddles well w/o velcro.

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Swaddle Designs.

The. Best. By. Far.

http://www.eswaddle.com/cgi/commerce...ryOrganic.html

I like the plain organic ones, but the original "ultimate" is great as well. I think the organic ones feel a TINY bit softer.

We have two. They don't pill, are HUGE and easy to swaddle bigger or growing babies, and only get softer with every wash. We still use them as play blakets at the park, over the stroller, for naps, quick windbreakers...etc.. love them. We tried every one out there and DD hated to have her arms swaddled, so having a square blanket was easier then the preformed systems. Makes it easy to tailor the swaddle to your kid's quirks IMHO. One of my favorite shower gifts and ours would easily be used for subsequent kids (except mine are all monogramed, and I want new monograms for the next ones... just 'cause it's fun!).

They used to sell them at BRU, so sometimes you can find them there in clearance. Check out the sale section on the link above for deals. I have gotten random good prices on amazon when shipping to friends out of state. But generally I buy at the local boutique (support local business, and they monogram!).

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

long before Aden and Anais came out with their oversized blankets, I have been buying these

http://www.ilovewoo.com/shop/shop_li...o.php?catid=47

I actually know the designer and her baby line is AMAZING. Her blankets are made of cotton thats softer than silk and they are nice and big, way bigger than a traditional blanket (i always wonder why those things are so tiny-impossible to wrap a baby once they are a month or older!).
    I think she is more known for her womens line (a lot of celebs wear it etc) but her baby stuff is just yummy.
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Especially for winter, we loved the cheap Target fleece ones. Just enough stretch to keep wiggly limbs nicely contained. Big enough for a slightly larger baby. Buy the cheap ones you find on the endcaps seasonally, not the nicer ones in the baby section--these are thicker fleece and actually you want the thin fleece for swaddling.

ETA we have a Swaddle Designs blanket and like it as well, but it doesn't stretch like the fleece.
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have the A&A blankets from Target this time around and really like them. I have been using them for everything, including swaddeling. I think they are $26 full price and I got mine on clearance for $13.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    I have the A&A blankets from Target this time around and really like them. I have been using them for everything, including swaddeling. I think they are $26 full price and I got mine on clearance for $13.
    wow, that's a really great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by wallawala View Post
    Swaddle Designs.

The. Best. By. Far.

http://www.eswaddle.com/cgi/commerce...ryOrganic.html

I like the plain organic ones, but the original "ultimate" is great as well. I think the organic ones feel a TINY bit softer.

We have two. They don't pill, are HUGE and easy to swaddle bigger or growing babies, and only get softer with every wash. We still use them as play blakets at the park, over the stroller, for naps, quick windbreakers...etc.. love them. We tried every one out there and DD hated to have her arms swaddled, so having a square blanket was easier then the preformed systems. Makes it easy to tailor the swaddle to your kid's quirks IMHO. One of my favorite shower gifts and ours would easily be used for subsequent kids (except mine are all monogramed, and I want new monograms for the next ones... just 'cause it's fun!).

They used to sell them at BRU, so sometimes you can find them there in clearance. Check out the sale section on the link above for deals. I have gotten random good prices on amazon when shipping to friends out of state. But generally I buy at the local boutique (support local business, and they monogram!).
    Thank you all for your responses! I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you, wallawala, for referring me to the eswaddle website. I decided to order from that website, and bought four different blankets, including one of the organic ultimate swaddling blankets, for just a little over $75 to receive free shipping and no sales tax. It turns out that my sister also ordered from the same website coincidentally.

I kind of splurged, but I remember not being very happy with the swaddling blankets we used for our DS. We tried all kinds... miracle blanket, swaddle me ones with velcro, and Gerber, Koala baby & Carter ones which frayed and pilled.

Thanks again!

I know you already ordered something, but I ADORE my Aden + Anais blankets. One of my best baby purchases ever.
    SweetGirl - May 2009
    LittleGuy - Oct 2011

Stroller line-up - Micralite FF Superlite, Britax B-Ready with second seat, Chariot Cougar 2
    Oh, and a Graco Quattro Tour that I need to find to sell.

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you for asking this question. I started swaddling my 8 month old again and used my Aden and Anais blanket for the first time, since it's still very hot here. Well, most of the blanket tore as I was trying to achieve a tight swaddle. I was not happy about that considering how much I spent on those blankets.
    I will definitely look at these options. Thanks again.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yea!! Great price!!

I've gotten so much great advice and links to deals on this site, gives me a little thrill to be able to pass the karma it along!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast