Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wallawala View Post
    Yea!! Great price!!

I've gotten so much great advice and links to deals on this site, gives me a little thrill to be able to pass the karma it along!
    thank you again. I'm looking forward to receiving the package in a week or so and seeing the quality of the blankets first-hand.

I can see why the A&A blankets are so popular considering that they are lightweight and would be nice for the summer months. But I felt the blanket's texture in person and can see how it may not last very long after multiple washes and using it for more than one child. I'll keep you updated fedoragirl on how I like the swaddle design blankets.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Carters flannel cotton blankets. Simple. Cheap. Effective.

We are serious swaddlers and didn't do the Velcro thing either. And I go for lots of fancy baby clothes and things but this is one area where less is more. You don't want a giant sized A&A blanket to swaddle with,IME - just way too much fabric to deal with, and not safe if the baby breaks out of the swaddles. We swaddled DD1 about 5 months in the Carters flannel blankets and DD2 about 3 months. Loved them.

Btw, definitely go for all cotton, not fleece.

for Sandy Hook

Aden & Anais fan here!

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by babychi View Post
    Aden & Anais fan here!
    Me too! And the blankets are holding up quite well.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Beth24 View Post
    Me too! And the blankets are holding up quite well.
    Love, love, love my A + A blankets.... and to the PP whose ripped..... I had one rip and called them. They replaced with a whole new box of blankets!!
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would still try the Miracle Blanket, all babies are different. I am not good at regular swaddling though. We used this with DD2 until she was about 14 weeks old. I did try the arms only (no legs in pocket), but she got herself out too. We then switched to Carters sleep sacks (only brand we've tried so far). Love them.

We did do the fleece Kiddopotamus blankets for the first month or so and chose fleece because my DDs (little Houdinis) couldn't get out of them. What works for one might not work for others.

If I was coordinated enough to use them I think I'd most likely use Swaddle Designs as I have heard great things. If you want to see them in person Nordstrom (at least in Brea) has a nice selection.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-13-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I would still try the Miracle Blanket, all babies are different. I am not good at regular swaddling though.

I am not swaddling anymore, but if I did, I think I would go with the Miracle blanket this time. I never had an easy time with the swaddle and honestly, I hated swaddles when it came to the night time feedings. They would come apart when the baby is nursing (probably because I never mastered the art of swaddling) and I always had to re-wrap him and wake him up even when I would rather let him sleep when he falls asleep at the breast.

When I used to swaddle I used Swaddle Designs blanket (a gift) and A&A muslin blankets and love them both for different reasons. Swaddle designs are more suitable for colder time of the year, they are quite dense and feel like flannel (at least mine does). A&A are better for warmer weather. A&A feel stretchier and sometimes easier to swaddle, but I think it also easier for a baby to get out of them.

To make swaddle more effective I used two A&A blankets in the same fashion as Miracle Blanket suggests (wrapping the arms under with one blanket and then wrapping the body with another one). In this configuration it was impossible for DS to wiggle out of the swaddle, but he also got quite sweaty because A&A have lots of extra fabric for this type of swaddle. So, that is the reason I would try to go with the Miracle blanket instead.

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you all for your additional responses!

well I received a shipping confirmation this morning from eswaddle (they are very efficient!) and my package is supposed to arrive in a couple of days. I figured that I'll be able to use the swaddle design blankets for longer term (not just for swaddling, but also as a stroller blanket) and so I'm alright making the extra $ investment.

I'll definitely re-consider A&A blankets - maybe during the summertime, since the muslim fabric is more lightweight. Not sure how long I'll be swaddling my second baby though. I like how the swaddle design blankets are larger than some of the other swaddling blankets on the market, since they'll give me the option of swaddling for more than a couple of months if necessary.

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tmahanes View Post
    Love, love, love my A + A blankets.... and to the PP whose ripped..... I had one rip and called them. They replaced with a whole new box of blankets!!
    Ooohhh! Thank you for that tip. I'll call them tomorrow.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wish I knew what brand it was, but dd3 is currently swaddled in a blanket that my mother bought for my youngest sister in 1987. It's been through her 2 youngest kids & I used it (I think there used to be 2 of them. Have to find the other one. I have a whole collection of my mother's baby stuff- handmade sweaters, blankets. They are holdingup better than the things I bought for oldest dd 7 years ago.) for my older 3. I also like kissy kissy & gymboree blankets. Also Carter's waffleknit blankets are a hit here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast