Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stokke Trip Trapp or Svan High Chair

I am tired of cleaning the Chicco Polly and ready to move on! I want to know why you like your trip trapp or svan high chair. DD is 19 months old and I think I am leaning towards the svan high chair since it has a tray. I like the idea both chairs can be used at the table but DD isn't ready for that since she is still a pretty messy eater. I'd like to contain the mess to her tray. I think there is a suction cup tray that can be used on a table that is used with the trip trapp but DD would figure out how to remove it and then would toss it.

Tell me why you like your chair?

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have 2 Svans. One is used in youth mode (for my almost 4 yo) and one is used in highchair mode without the tray (by my 19 mo). The tray is small and does not attach very well, so now he eats at the table next to his older brother. I pulls right up and I simply bought some large plastic placemats. I do have to sweep after he eats but the chair is much easier to clean than the Polly (which we used to have as well) and it goes really well with my table.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the Tripp Trapp and love it. Love that if melts in with the rest of our furniture without looking babyish. Easy to wipe clean. Adjustable.

We use it pushed up to our table with the TT Babyset with a Kiddapottamus mat on the table to protect it. DD doesn't pull it up, but sounds like that could be more of a hassle at your house.
    Table ref: http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/prod...ategory=197152
    Kidapotamus Tiny Diner ref: http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_tiny.php

There is an aftermarket play tray for the TT now.
    http://mbeans.com/playtray-for-stokke-tripp-trapp.html
    I haven't seen or used IRL, so maybe someone else can comment on it. It doesn't work WITH the babyset, you'd want one or the other.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We love the Tripp Trapp for the look and also because we like DS at the table with us.

We have this tray to protect the table: http://www.smartyparents.com/ It doesn't suction on, but the gasket makes it harder to slide around. Sometimes if its in the dishwasher and we have dry food (cheerios) we just feed him from the table. I don't see the difference in cleaning a mess from the table vs. cleaning a mess from a tray - except that I already have to clean the table anyway. The chair itself is really easy to clean (Actually, most food falls through it to the bottom and the dog takes care of that.)

We also like him at the table with us for the socialization. He's become good at interacting with adults and does really good in restaurants at tables, and I think its because he is often surrounded by adults at dinner parties and has learned from observing the social cues. Just my theory, but I don't think it hurts.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Thanks for the replies. We have the kiddopatomus tiny diner that we used at restaurants but DD just takes it off. I was trying to avoid having her directly at the table right now because we have over a 100 year old farm plank table that has grooves between the planks that food could get stuck. We plan on having it refinished so cleaning won't be an issue but until then...I was hoping for a chair that will grow with her and be easy to clean. I hate cleaning the chicco polly and don't want to now have to clean the grooves of the table. We do pull her high chair with the tray right up to the table as far as it will go, so not directly at the table with us but pretty close. Maybe a large place mat like PP said will work. She always surprises me, maybe she will when she moves up to the table. Thanks for the suggestions and options that you included for the trip trapp.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We looooove the Tripp Trapps. If you do a search here I'm sure you will find a lot of my enthusiastic posts from the last 1.5 years (we got our two TTs late in the high chair game!).

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love our Tripp Trapp. It's a great investment. Our DD eats directly at the table with us. I bought a Tommee Tippee mat (based on a recommendation from a BBB mommy here), and the suction holds plates, bowls, takentoss bowls...everything. You don't have to buy their brand plates and bowls for the mat to work. We have one for the house, and one in our diaper bag. I love that thing. My DD cannot budge that thing off the table.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

We absolutely love our Svan chair. DS has been using it every day for the last year, practically. We love that it has the tray option, and we still use it regularly. It's especially nice when we want to move him around (e.g. he can join us when we're grilling outdoors). I also like that the plastic tray wipes/washes off easily, so with that and our highchair mat, cleanup is quick and easy.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had both - - and actually sold the Svan and kept the Tripp Trapps. Even bought MORE tripp trapps. I think the svan was great from like 6 months - 1.5 years... but then not as easy to climb into or as stable. The tray was nice, but didn't attach well... wore out on sides (which svan replaced). I also thought more difficult to clean - more crevices and i always used pads on it which needed cleaning, unlike the tripp trapps. BOTH look great - but i know i will be using the Tripp Trapps longer because they are simpler and sturdier for us.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

By 18 mo, you really don't need the tray anymore. Get the TT. We have three of them.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast