Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wooden high chairs. They are investment items and look soo much better than plastic, and they are easy to clean.

If my parents hadn't gotten us a classic style wooden high chair I would've gotten the Svan. I really like the look of the Svan, and I love that it comes with the tray, that's essential IMHO. We most likely would've gotten DD1 her Tripp Trapp also because it fits perfectly with our dining table, and we always planned on having two kids.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I much prefer the Tripp Trapp. The tray on the Svan is pretty small, too small to contain much mess IMO. I prefer having him right with the rest of us at the table, thus the Tripp Trapp. And we were able to get one that matched our dining set, silly I know, but it blends in so well.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

We love our Svan and don't find the tray to be small for our purposes. DD stopped using it a while ago (she's 4.5YO now), but I will use it for DS soon. I love that you can move the chair around and click on the tray so it doesn't always have to be used at the table. I also like the look of it better in our house. We haven't had any issues with stability - it's been solid and safe since we purchased it over 3 years ago.

Honestly, though, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. They're both made well and will last a long, long time.
    Proud mama to:
    DD 2006
    DS1 2008
    DS2 2010

Another vote for the Tripp Trapp. We have 2. My friend who has the Svan and greater-than-average-sized kids, says the Svan is too-tight a fit for her now 3-year-old. Just seems like it's a nice chair that the kiddos grow out of. Our Tripp Trapps seem like a nice chair that will grow with the kiddos for quite a while. My 3-year-old now climbs into his seat by himself and buckles himself in. I don't have antique table I'm trying to protect, but I only missed the tray between age 10 and 14 months when the self-feeding was at its messiest.
    Wondermom

DS 1 8/2007
    DS 2 1/2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2