fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default simple skirt ideas?

dd wants to be a superhero for Halloween, and we are in a twirly skirt phase. We have a black and silver cape, so I want to make a skirt out of some shiny silver material. (black shirt with an iron-on silver star, fun tights, and silver shoes to complete the look)

I am a total beginner at sewing. I can kind of sew a straight line. (I have a machine). Is there anything simple but still with a little twirl?

TIA

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

how about some of these?
    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=212

ETA: the 3 tiered tutorial is nice and clear.

My tutorial for 'twirly skirt' is on the link larig posted. The pattern for Little Hip Skirts is super easy too. You can buy it online.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
    My tutorial for 'twirly skirt' is on the link larig posted. The pattern for Little Hip Skirts is super easy too. You can buy it online.
    i was just reading that and i really like it. i'm going to try it next. thanks!

my girls are really loving twirly skirts these days so i've been searching for tutorials. i just made the other "twirly skirt" (by erin) on that link and decided to try a tiered one too. i also want to try making reversible twirly skits and i am debating trying this one too:

http://whrrl.com/experience/story/18...rson_show_card

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow - thanks guys! I will look into these

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Angela, I've had that tutorial bookmarked for a while. I'm a very beginning sewer and really need to take the plunge! Maybe I'll try it for a Halloween skirt, that way if it's awful she won't be wearing it for long!